What are the must haves in a collection?

conversus

LRichard:

One further query regarding the Kevin Meunier deck, is it a majors only deck or the full 78? Again, thanks for everything you share!

The coloring seems fantastic. I fell in love with the Heron many years ago because of the faded blue . . .

CED

Richard

LRichard:

One further query regarding the Kevin Meunier deck, is it a majors only deck or the full 78? Again, thanks for everything you share!

The coloring seems fantastic. I fell in love with the Heron many years ago because of the faded blue . . .

CED

It is a full 78 card deck. In my copy of the deck, the colors, especially the background color, look darker than the ones I have seen online. I don't know whether all the decks are like this. In spite of this, it is one of the loveliest decks I have. It is somewhat like an ISIS, with the traditional hash marks instead of color shading.

Attachments

• km.jpg
    km.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 172

earthair

The 1709 Madenie (see link a few posts above.)
Stunning stunning stunning.
I'm wondering how long it will be before I wear out the wrapping paper inside the box from overuse though :cool2: ... Yves- will it be possible to get spares in the future?

Yves Le Marseillais

Spares parts

I'm wondering how long it will be before I wear out the wrapping paper inside the box from overuse though :cool2: ... Yves- will it be possible to get spares in the future?

Bonsoir Earthair and all,

Ha ha ! I could print again this wrapper from home as I made for all.
I suggest that you gently let it in the bottom of the box and let your deck above it.

Best from Marseille City,

Yves

earthair

Bonsoir Earthair and all,

Ha ha ! I could print again this wrapper from home as I made for all.
I suggest that you gently let it in the bottom of the box and let your deck above it.

Best from Marseille City,

Yves

Excellent news :grin: thanks!
I would leave it under the cards...but the joy is in the unwrapping every time :)

Yves Le Marseillais

Do it again

Excellent news :grin: thanks!
I would leave it under the cards...but the joy is in the unwrapping every time :)

Hum.... I understand this feeling ;)))))))))))))))))))

Yves

Sherryl

Back in 2012 I wrote an article on how to build a well-rounded collection of historic decks that spans tarot's 600-year history, with an emphasis on the first deck of its kind. The link is below.

Back then, the 1760 Conver TdM published by Heron was the ultimate in historic TdMs. I'm going to update the article to suggest the decks produced by Yves at Tarot-de-Marseille-Heritage, since they are earlier, and much more pleasing to look at.

http://tarot-heritage.com/2012/04/23/building-a-collection-of-historic-tarot-decks/#more-873

Philistine

Yes YES YES!! I have never had such a satisfying experience than when this showed up at my door, I sat at the dining table, and unwrapped it. From the telescopic box, to the parchment wrapping, to the block-style printing with precise borders and relatable images and pleasing coloration . . . the deliciously sharp corners and "I dare you to riffle shuffle me" card stock. There is no other Marseille deck I really want now that I have this one. (Yeah, right, I'm always lusting for another deck, oy!)

Fiver

Seems everyone has covered most. All I can truly add is to take a look at an older grimaud Marseilles. I love their interpretation. Also for quirkiness and some unique differences, a Veiville is important to own.

That being said, I can't impress enough on obtaining a soprafino and the le tarot noir. Additionally, I love the jodo-camoin deck. It doesn't appear to be that well liked here, but besides the florney Dodal it's my chosen deck for readings.

Hope this helps,