New/Old Rare Lenormand Deck

Tag_jorrit

A new project! I just found another exquisite, very rare, antique Lenormand deck that I plan to restore for myself and traditionalists who love reading with antique cards. The Lenormand Museum doesn't know much more than I do but their guess is that it was made in Germany around 1870. The distinctive thing about this wonderful deck is that it has sigils where your normally find the verse or playing card inserts.

People have been mesmerized by the old Lenormand decks that have these sigils on the cards, trying to figure out what they mean. This is the oldest of at least 3 Lenormand-based decks that I know of that were made between 1870 and 1930 and had the mysterious sigil inserts; but the symbols all differ from deck to deck. I just think they were squiggles that designers decided to add to the cards, just to keep people guessing.

Definitely fun, woo-woo Lennies.

reall

:))) *mysterious sigil inserts are actualy astronomy/astrology symbols!^^ :)))
this may be one of first astro lenormand decks?^^ ;)))

Tag_jorrit

Yes, definitely some are astrological/astronomical symbols! And there are lots of permutations in there, too. And all add up to probably not having much to do with Lenormand, since the oracle is based on the meanings associated with the pictured symbols, and to some extent the playing card inserts.

I doubt whether they would be factored into anyone's readings but they will certainly lend a mysterious tone to your spreads. :D

Aster Breo

Must. Not. Buy. More. Lenormand. Decks.

Even really cool antique decks.

Even really cool antique decks with fascinating mysterious sigils on them.

I'm not a collector.

I'm not a collector.

I'm NOT a collector.

......... sigh.........

(Edited to correct typo.)

Tag_jorrit

Bwaahhaahaaaaaa

Tag_jorrit

2015 Winter Solstice Sale.

I hadn't thought about it but I noticed that someone's blog (I wish I could remember whose) referred to my web store as having the largest collection of antique reproduction Lenormand decks, not just on the web but in the whole world. I guess they are right. There are also a couple of obscure Tarot decks, too. I find it rather astonishing that it's evolved without my even having a plan. I guess that's how the Lennie gods operate.

In early celebration of the upcoming solstice, use promo code WOOHOO10 for 10% off any 2 items. Expires Sunday, 6 December 2015 @ midnight US Eastern Standard Time (7 December 2015 @ 5:00 AM GMT)

Philippe

Attachments

• D-GSr.jpg
    D-GSr.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 449

Tag_jorrit

Outstanding comparison photo, Philippe.

Philippe

Outstanding comparison photo, Philippe.

Glad you appreciate it Tag_jorrit. I see the high-res picture's link is dead. Now that I use Flickr I can edit my post.
How amazing : they bothered to draw a variant of a deck certainly expensive to product (as it was chromolithography). The scans don't make justice to the Daveluy. Even if the deck is older, the whiteness of the background is stunning. I think it's due to the "papier porcelaine" they used. The softness of the cardstock is incredible too.