Funny stories and literalisms

Teheuti

When I started out I would often sit with a newly arrived Lennie deck and shuffle and draw cards while watching TV - for plot lines, what would happen next and winners of competitions, etc. One time I was shuffling a new deck and a card fell out a second before a character on the TV drama yelled, "Where's my ring?" I turned it up and it was, of course, the Ring card. I laughed so hard!

I drew three cards each for who would win an American Idol competition (I hadn't seen the last 3 or 4 episodes so I didn't know who the finalists were). Before the show started I figured out who the finalists were and who would win. There were lots of exact references but the one that really blew me away was that the winning song matched one of the cards for a contestant. He sang, "I'm Going to Make this House My Home." And it was so obvious as he sang it that he would win! The other contestant (a woman) had Lilies and a later discussion of why she didn't win emphasized that her song was too peaceful and old fashioned.

Anybody else have stories of interesting synchronicities?

Torann

Well... a couple of weeks ago I drew: snake - scythe - garden...

And that day i wanted to water the plants in my garden... but there was a cut in my hose... :D

Teheuti

Well... a couple of weeks ago I drew: snake - scythe - garden...

And that day i wanted to water the plants in my garden... but there was a cut in my hose... :D
One woman (who gave me permission to share this) got Scythe-Tree-Birds as a daily. First she asked a forum group what it could possibly mean. Later that day her favorite tree in which lived birds that she watched everyday from her window was cut down. The tree was on her neighbor's property so she couldn't do anything about it.

Torann

Not funny but very literal... and it happened to me yesterday.

Yesterday morning I had:

Ship - scythe - coffin

Yesterday there was heavy rain and on the highway a car in front of me started spinning, nearly missed my car and ended up against the crash barriers.

Last Saturday I had:

Mountain - whip - dog

We went for a hike in the Ardennes, we had to climb a good amount of hills, it was a great work out, for us and the dog. ;-)

Village Witch

This one isn't funny. I'm posting it as it was so very literal.

I saw the obituary of a friend in the paper. I asked the cards what contributed to her death. The first card I drew was the Clouds. Something told me I had my answer so I didn't draw any additional cards.

At my friend's funeral, I asked her cause of death. She died of smoke inhalation from a fire at her residence.

Village Witch

For a daily draw, I once drew Bear + Snake + Whip. I ended up sitting on the toilet all day.

Torann

Mine were very literal again today. I had friends over for dinner.

And in the morning I had these cards:

Fish - clouds

I wanted to make thai mussels... but the mussels (i bought them yesterday) weren't good. So i had to improvise and make something else.

:D

Torann

today i lost my mastercard... did some purchases with the card, but i couldn't find it anymore. I looked everywhere. So I asked my cards where they were. I got:

Dog - Coffin

In the boot of my car i have a dog bed... and underneath it... was my mastercard. :D

Village Witch

Yesterday's draw was Tower + Stars + Heart.

My next door computer tech neighbor finished cleaning and restoring my computer yesterday after I had picked up a virus that did a lot of damage. It took a week working a few hours here and there when he got off work. I was ever so happy!