Maybe Lenormand

The Happy Squirrel

I am a little surprised this deck has not been talked about here. Anyone has this? Thoughts?

Padma

I'm surprised, too. I like it! I like the bare simplicity of the cards. I would like to know what the extra cards are, since it is a 52 card deck.

I wonder if US Games ships to Canada...? ;)

Enabler! :joke:

ETA Oh, look: there is an AT link for it, as well as a review!

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/maybe-lenormand/

Padma

I found it on Amazon. And bought it! Thanks, I think, Happy Squirrel!

The Happy Squirrel

I'm surprised, too. I like it! I like the bare simplicity of the cards. I would like to know what the extra cards are, since it is a 52 card deck.

I wonder if US Games ships to Canada...? ;)

Enabler! :joke:

ETA Oh, look: there is an AT link for it, as well as a review!

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/maybe-lenormand/

I think different cartomacy system take different parts of the standard 52 playing cards? So with all the other cards thrown in we can use the deck for Lenormand reading, or other kinds of readings? I recognized some symbols that are read in the Kipper for example like that sick lady on her bed.... Looks like the handbook is a useful one not only for the deck itself but to understand the context from which various playing card reading systems emerged :)

This deck has been on my wishlist ever since I heard about it. I was not immediately attracted to it because on a glance the art style seems rather boring. But one day, I somehow managed to see it up close and really managed to see the art work. So cute :) Modern, but retains the feel of the old antiques we love so much (like the ones from gameofhopelenormands.com) But most importantly, the cards are so clean and the symbols so clear. I have had encountered really fun and clear lenormand decks in the past, but they have all been independently produced in Europe, so they tend to be more expensive understandably, and of course on top of that we have killer shipping costs too .... 0.O

I am trying to be good and am waiting for next month to get this :)

Would love to hear what you think once you received this :)

Padma

I'll be sure to post when I do! I also bought Jonathan Dee's Fortune Telling using Playing Cards so that I can also use the deck in that way, too. It will be interesting to compare. Dee also has a Lenormand section in the back. I'm excited! :D Many thanks, dear Squirrel!

G6

Thanks for the reminder on this one. It's been in my basket for awhile.

Yellow

I really do like this deck, and the booklet is one of the few that come with a lenormand deck that I actually find useful.

I find the cards beautiful, I love their simplicity and elegance, and the backs are gorgeous. They have a bit of an antique feel to them, so they are not as white as they appear to be in the aeclectic images.

The one card I don't like is the mountain because it just does not look like a mountain! But you learn to recognise it after the first time so it does not matter too much, I suppose.

This and the Middia Lenormand are the decks I use the most ever since I received them.

Padma

That's good to know, Yellow! Looking forward to getting mine :)

Joon

Chiming in to agree that this is a gorgeous deck. And that it includes a useful (and beautiful) LWB.

US Games published their edition about the same time as the Blue Bird, and it seemed to me that the BB overshadowed its release.

The first 36 cards are exactly a Lenormand deck. The remaining 16 emblems are taken from a few other fortune telling decks - the Whitmans and Gypsy Witch for sure. I'm not surprised to think that there might be some crossover with Kipper or the Sibillas in that regard - all speaking to the human experience as they do.

I've had these since they came out, but have only used the 36 Lennies up til now.

I am just now using the full 52 cards for my 12 Days of Christmas oracle. I'm throwing a 3x3 each day, and getting to know a few of the "other 16" pretty well! Not all have appeared yet.

I like the exercise of thinking about which of the 36 Lennies might have appeared to make the same/similar statement to the ones with the new card - and then teasing out the difference and nuances between the cards. 2017 will tell how accurately I am incorporating/interpreting them. :D

ETA: You can order directly from Ryan: http://www.inset.cards/shop/

Scroll down for the less expensive US Games edition, but don't forget to drool over the limited edition hand-paints!