New Playing Card System... Constructive Criticism, please!

Lee

Hi Joey,

I tried it last night, I did a 5-card spread and a 9-card celtic cross. The meanings worked very well. As Phoenix Rising says, any well-rounded set of meanings will result in good readings, but I think your meanings strike a particularly good balance between the particular and the general.

I wish I had some more constructive criticism, but I really don't, for me it worked fine. The two readings I did were in fact right on the money!

I do hope that you do decide to offer meanings for the courts. I like the Hedgewytchery method of presenting things at increasing levels of complexity. Maybe first you could present your basic meanings of the 40 cards, and one 5-card or 6-card layout, then on the next level you could include the courts and some more involved layouts?

-- Lee

celticnoodle

hi joey. i too, have yet to read with your system, but looked through it and plan to do so soon. i'll keep you posted. i think it may be a great way to read- especially for people who are just beginning tarot. it seems quite easy enough to learn. i am giving a set of playing cards to a family member w/information on reading with them, as a Christmas gift, and decided to include your information along with it---if you don't mind.

right off I see some similiarities and differences in how I 'see' the cards, but still plan to read with your system for awhile to determine which is best for me. one thing i did like was how you assigned meanings that were short & right to the point. i always enjoy trying 'new methods' but it will make it much easier having it all on one page, rather than having to search through many pages to see how the creator describes it. (does this make sense?). anyhow, will try it out and keep you posted---

cn

Joermit

Thanks, all!!

The feedback is a wonderful help... I think I've decided to do the face cards as well, and present them as an addition to the 40 card basis... I am very happy that there is a level of success with the readings... that was a big concern... I created the system and structured it so for those who like to understand how the card meanings were derived... I of course plan to speak about utilizing your intuition and "feeling" the cards, a method presented and which I really agree with in the Personal Prophecy system... I guess I'm taking all the bits of stuff that I have used from the various systems and combining them into as clear a method as I can... it's both exciting and daunting... I do hope it's an appreciated contribution to playing card divination... I mainly decided to proceed forth as I was never able to connect with more "traditional" methods... I've also tried to keep an uplifting attitude with the meanings and make the cards available to use as a spiritual tool... thanks for the help and info... please let me know of your progress.. I will hopefully have the face cards figured out and pasted on here by this weekend... take care...

Joey

Phoenix Rising

Hi Joey

look forward to seeing your website up and running. The face cards are normally the hardest to read, so the technique with PP method, will be a really good one to put in as well. It's helped with reading cards 80% easier..
The characteristics, seem simple enough..although I'd rather stick to face cards as people, rather than a situation, also in which direction they are facing, away from you or towards you.

All the best!!
PR

Joermit

I've been working with the system lately and it really does work well... trying to rid myself the habit of older meanings, as there were several cards which I changed drastically... still tweaking on how to present the face cards... just one thing I'm having problems with... I love the structure of this system... only card I'm having a problem with is the 4 of Clubs.... any suggestions on a way to describe how the meaning of the club suit combines with the energy of a four... I'm just not happy about how it's worded... would love some suggestions... thanks...

Joey

poivre

4:club:

If clubs are fire...

- security at work
- secure energy, waiting to make a move
- waiting on the next challenge

If clubs are air...
- not changing ideas
- confidence
- inside of the box thinking

:confused: just something to think about! :)

Phoenix Rising

When I think of the 4's I get that of a box, a fixed attitude, one that is unable to look outside the square. As in Feng shui, alot of energy can get trapped in corners, there is no flow, so definitely see it as "stuck" energy. Structure and logic. Depending what element you're using too. Air..fixed attitudes..Fire..stuck energy.
Just 2c worth.