Dee - Fortune Telling with Playing Cards

Aristede

Hi Aerin,

I have Dee's book, and I really like it. Besides giving the meanings for each card, the book also gives a lot of basic information on the suits, which I found very helpful. I think the astrological and timing information alone is worth the price of the book. Dee also talks about the Romany (Gypsy) system and some basic background information on the Lenormand.

You can check out a limited preview on Google Books that may help you make up your mind about it.

Aristede

6 Haunted Days

I got this book on sale at a local bookstore just a couple weeks ago. I quite like it! It's very simple,basic and easy to learn instantly. I like the mini-history, his words on decks....the spreads are great actually. The meanings for each card are clearly written and laid out.

My main way to read PC is The Playing Card Oracles by Ana Cortez....which is a much deeper and complex system...quite enthralling, check it out if you can! But Dee's book is a refreshing "simipler" way to approach PC's.

Aerin

Thanks for this guys.

I like simple systems 6HD so this book may work for me. Aristede, thanks for the preview link: the book looks quite comrehensive. At least it would tell me what on earth the playing card symbols are doing on my (currently unwanted) Lenormand deck.

Aerin

Bernice

Jonathon Dee's book

Thanks for your review of the book Aristede, I've ordered it!

Bee

Bernice

Jonathon Dees book:

The book arrived today! 180 pages wih an index at the back.

There are several sections with their respective card meanings in the book, it's informative and interesting. Additionally, the bulk of the book has each card meaning on a page to itself, at the top of the page is a rhyme. I've seen these rhymes before on an old deck of cards (images are somewhere on the net - can't find the url at the moment). Example Queen of Clubs:

If the Queen of Clubs thou hast
Thou shalt be with great honour graced.
And women, if the same they find
Will have things after their own mind.

And yes, there is a section on the Lenormand cards plus a reference to them on the card meaning pages.

I like this book, don't always agree with it, but glad I bought it.

Bee.