SG-Crystals,Gems--1st stone: Hematite

starfish66

You guys, this is so wonderful! I am so thrilled that this discussion has begun.

Now, my question is, I suffer from HIGH Blood Pressure - would hematite help lower it?

:THIER Starfish

Laurel

I just picked up a pretty inch by 1/2 inch hematite stone last night at an occult store I was visiting to celebrate all the interesting stuff this SG is teaching me.

Now that I have my Hematite... what should I do with it? Today its just sitting on my desk in front of my moniter here at work along with the Thoth "Star" card (my study card for the day).

Laurel

the hermit

Re: so where do we find good stones

cjtarot said:
The Hermit,

"They are, respectively, 'iron roses' from the Alps (who's form is almost identical to the 'desert rose' because the crystals form into petal and flower shapes) "

This stone sounds lovely...do you have a source that you can recommend for "the real deal"?

OH,

Thank you everyone for making this such fun and informative

Cj

If you're asking for a source for an 'iron rose' here's 1. I've never dealt with them, neither have I heard bad things... so 'caveat emptor'

Alpine Mineral Co.

Alpine Mineral list his specimens as coming from the Alps and Pakistan.

I wasn’t aware of the Pakistani find, but new mineral deposits open up all the time.

I think that the 6th, 7th and 9th specimens (counting down the left side from the top) on the Alpine site are some of the best examples of the iron rose that I've seen.

Notice also that the 9th specimen is a much larger rose than 6 or 7 (the roses themselves are only a small part of these entire specimens)

the hermit

Laurel said:
I just picked up a pretty inch by 1/2 inch hematite stone last night at an occult store I was visiting to celebrate all the interesting stuff this SG is teaching me.

Now that I have my Hematite... what should I do with it? Today its just sitting on my desk in front of my moniter here at work along with the Thoth "Star" card (my study card for the day).

Laurel
Laurel:
Congratulations on your acquisition!
What would you like to do?

If you're just interested in letting the stone work for you without any ritual or metaphysical exercises then carry it in a pocket or purse. I have a small bag that I put various stones in and keep in my pocket.

Some folks perform rituals or spells with their rocks. If you're interested in that then I suggest you look at "Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystals, Gem, and Metal magic" by Scott Cunningham.

There are other books available both for magickal applications and healing as well as simple rock, mineral and crystal information. I think I'll start a thread for that seperately.

starfish66

Question about Hematite and grounding...

I was wondering... is it possible to feel too grounded? How does one undo being too grounded?

:T10C Starfish

the hermit

Re: Question about Hematite and grounding...

Starfish said:
I was wondering... is it possible to feel too grounded? How does one undo being too grounded?

An interesting question Starfish.
I suppose that would depend on what you believe "grounded" means.

The most common definition of "grounding" or "to ground" or "grounded" is the simplest. Without quoting a dictionary, it is generally meant to establish or re-establish contact with the ground (literally) or with the basics, to go back to the beginning, to re-affirm one's basic tenants or beliefs, to return to a balance of positive and negative.

Within occult and magickal circles it is generally meant in much the same way.
That is, to re-affirm one's contact with the Earth or goddess Earth or god/dess to replenish one’s psychic power or strength, to return to balance with Earth, god/dess, karma, etc.

So, can one be "too grounded"?
Not given how I define the term. In fact, I think that a feeling of “too grounded” might actually be sign of imbalance, of not being well enough grounded.

But, if you mean can the energy of an object, such as a stone, cause you to become imbalanced?
I would say certainly!
Like anything else, too much of a good thing (or bad) can cause one to become out of balance. Which then might require "grounding".
Hope this is helpful...

starfish66

Thanks, Hermit! :)

I knew you could help clarify things for me. I think your description of a feeling of being too grounded is really being imbalanced is perfect and makes a lot of sense!

napaea

i so love you guys :*
ok, have to share. i'm sitting here in the library instead of at my home pc. i was posting 2 readings i did this morning, when all of a sudden the energy just drained out of me and i felt very faint adn light headed.

this happens to me alot when i'm shopping places, i feel very funny all of a sudden, and i think either someone has syphoned energy off of me, or i am picking up weird somethings from someone (have to learn how to manage this)

sorry, anyway! i just so happened to have my hematite stone in my purse, so i got it out and held it. then i put it on my third eye chakra. woooo! i could feel that energy shift pretty much immediately on the third eye area. i felt more stable, less shaky, and when i took the stone off it was hotter than a *********!

yay! learning in action!!!

Strega

A very grounding stone... helps maintain balance between body, mind, and spirit... calming to the emotions... very cooling to the physical body... used to reduce fever or inflammation... gives strength and favorable legal judgements... also allows for mental clarity... and alleviates worry and anxiety. :)

DarkElectric

My runes are hematite, as well as a beautiful antique bracelet I have (from the 60's). I also have a few polished ones around. When I purchased my runes, they felt pretty inert, but I cleansed them anyway, then bonded with them. They picked up the charge immediately, and now are innundated with a really wonderful energy, which grounds and stabilises, as well as transmits. (They buzz in my hand when I pick them up. It's a really nice feeling!) To me, hematite is a lot like the third prong of an electrical cord. It grounds, but allows orderly flow.