#1; Miss Piggy's MOON SIGN

dadsnook2000

Our first task in filling in a blank chart for Miss Piggy is to determine her MOON sign. We will not, at this point, talk of the Sun or of the Ascendant or of house positions for the Moon. And, of course, we will not mention or hint at any other astrological planet or its placement.

The MOON in one's chart:
From my book, I quote in part, "The Moon is often reflective of one's primary needs and the nature of responses to those people and events that emotionally move us."
** OUTWARDLY: Public response to external events, overreaction, lack of restraint, sensitivity to changes around you.
** INWARDLY: One's primary needs, emotional level, impact of events, unsettled mind and feelings, moody, reflection.
** CIRCUMSTANTIAL: Balancing mechanism between the Sun and Mercury (will and perception, intent-values and association-memory), women in general, social interactions.

OUR TASK will be to consider which sign the Moon best fits into relative to the perceived nature of Miss Piggy's interaction with the world around her.
** Each posting should note the "sign" that you feel best fits Miss Piggy.
** You should note the characteristics from the listing given in the main thread and tell us how they fit with your selected zodiac-sign's nature.

At a later date, we will all have a chance to change our minds as we come to considering other factors in the chart. Changing our mind based on seeing possible combinations with other factors added later is part of the learning process. I would expect that a significant amount of shuffeling will occur before we are done.

Once we have Moon sign, Sun sign and Ascendant Sign --- and the implied house positions firmed up in our individual minds, we will take a poll or determine if there is one consensus or a split view on how Miss Piggy's chart should be put together. Following that we will look at placing the other planets into signs and houses, and discuss aspects. All of this is a bit fluid for now and I may change the order of how things might be done based on the participation level and inputs. Have fun. There is no right or wrong. You can change your mind later. Dave

GoddessArtemis

I vote for Moon in Cancer. I've known many people with Moon in Cancer, so of course, this post is affected by that, too. But from the original thread about personality traits of Miss Piggy, these are the ones I pick:

** easily insulted
** sensitive about her weight, see herself as svelt and lovely
** exudes charm unless you disagree with her
** knows everything, sometimes has a hard time with "yes" as an answer

I'd like to add to this list that Miss Piggy is also:

**hyper-sensitive
**always über-feminine in mannerism/dress
**quite wrapped up in herself
**needy
**clings to those they love (Kermit)
**victim mentality ("poor me!")
**prima donna

...all of which, IMO, qualifies her as a Moon in Cancer native.

GA :D

MCsea

GoddessArtemis I agree to some extent - I like a water sign moon too for Miss Piggy but I choose Scorpio (12 to be exact)
Sabian Symbol: An embassy ball
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Display
Crystal Element: Blue Diamond

I kinda think she is more sex appeal... she can be vindictive, passionate, needs alot of people to be watching I have my moon in scorpio - and I kinda learn alot from THE PIG! ooops

MARINA

ANA

i think her moon sign is Aries

Aries is the first sign of the zodiac , it is the infant that feels it is entitled, that has no concept of sharing, it is about me and me alone

some moon characteristics tendency twards impatience - those karate chops not even wanting to hear the other side, feels she is entitled, self absorbed

insecure person needing constant support and applause from onlookers - everything about her is about this, showes too small so her feet can be admired, prima-dona, sensitive about her weight, enjojoys being seen as a model, a star.....

this moon loves courship - fantasizes much of the time, ignores negative attributes in herself

this moon needs to lead , to be powerfull and dominanat, likely to deplore criticism and advice, changeable and moody - lives for the opportunity to make a dramatic entrance, is deceitful when trying to get her way

at the wrost this moon is self-centered, quick-tempered and pushy - i think most of the list fits here - karate chops, feeling entitled....

in my opinion she displays this moon sign at its worst

ana

dadsnook2000

Choices and reasons up until this point.

I'm glad to see the several choices made so far. There is, of course, no right or wrong, no better or worse choices.

However, I do like the explanation of ANA's choice of Aries, it has a solid link to that sign's long-recognized proclivities. MCsea's rational seems valid but a solid case has yet to be built in terms of enumerating Scorpio qualities. GA's choice of Cancer is interesting, but I can't quite match up all of the Cancer attributes relative to the Moon.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that the Ascendant and Sun will likely have a huge impact on your Moon choice and can easily validate your views of the Moon in the sign chosen.

A good reference book for Moon inclinations might be Donna Cunningham's Being a Lunar Person in a Solar World if any other's need some help in this area. Oh, by the way, my choice would be another Fire sign for the Moon.

In any case, after we deal with the ASCENDANT and the SUN, we will have a nice challenge --- how will our choices fit in the chart's houses in terms of daily expression. You are all thinking ahead on this subject, aren't you? This is why I said that we will have an opportunity to change our choices after a few steps. This "change" process will, in itself, be a unique learning effort. So, I hope a few more join in on their views of Miss Piggy's Moon sign. Dave

MCsea

dadsnook2000 yep your right

more on scorpio moon
I really went for a sabian symbol I saw for her moon- she is ALWAYS dressed to the nines..Sabian Symbol: An embassy ball
and for this degree I write in crystal astrology..
"natural enthusiasm and charisma are contagious; you carry yourself with noble style. Affirmation: I enjoy spellbinding, elaborate and spectacular events."

Ok noble may be pushing it (giggles) but she is a 'princess'

In addition...
lots of brooding intensity
an emotional base where extremes happy-sad intense-relaxed happen in a heart beat..
struggles with jealousy, and serious resentment (what there is not piggy)
BUT on the positive - dramatic, visually appealing and often expose secrets intuitively.. tends to read situations well... gets things done - Ok motivated to change stagnant situations..
Again I suppose the sexulity is a big thing..
And even though I often interpret it as Leo - a sense of self importance definately comes with a scorpio moon

I also saw this on a site (astrology find your fate)
The Eastern Hemisphere
The planets clustered in the eastern hemisphere suggests that you are likely to be more independent, strong-willed, and more individualistic than others think. The placements on the east side denotes leadership ability, a self-starter, one who is self-motivated and often self-employed and a risk-taker. You are more apt to be the author of your own destiny, and one likely to have many choices in life.
Id put the moon there....

Can we try the sun yet??

giggles

MARINA

huredriel

OK folks, real beginner stepping in here :D

The MOON in one's chart:
From my book, I quote in part, "The Moon is often reflective of one's primary needs and the nature of responses to those people and events that emotionally move us."

** OUTWARDLY: Public response to external events, overreaction, lack of restraint, sensitivity to changes around you.
Miss Diva. Wants and possibly needs acclaim. Completely over-reacts when things don't go her way. Only appears to be sensitive to her own needs, and not of those around her.

** INWARDLY: One's primary needs, emotional level, impact of events, unsettled mind and feelings, moody, reflection.
Emotionally very needy, wants to be loved. Is the external over-reaction and diva-like behaviour a result of not having her needs met as a child? In which case, emotionally immature, childlike, totally demanding. Lack of father-figure, so identifies as being part of a couple.

** CIRCUMSTANTIAL: Balancing mechanism between the Sun and Mercury (will and perception, intent-values and association-memory), women in general, social interactions.
Finds other women to be competition, social interaction is charming when she gets her own way, childish and demanding when she doesn't. Memory-wise, only remembers what she wants to, and will colour that with her own needs/wants/ideas.

OUR TASK will be to consider which sign the Moon best fits into relative to the perceived nature of Miss Piggy's interaction with the world around her.
** Each posting should note the "sign" that you feel best fits Miss Piggy.
** You should note the characteristics from the listing given in the main thread and tell us how they fit with your selected zodiac-sign's nature.

Whilst I originally debated between Aries (Diva - was thinking of the reported Arian diva example of Mariah Carey) and Cancer (water = emotion/house of mother or father depending on beliefs), I'm going with Moon in Cancer. The lack of a father figure (traditionally house of father), competition where other women are concerned, especially in connection with her "man" Kermit (if you see the Moon as feminine/mother), the emotional instability (cardinal water) and the fact that she is so emotionally needy and childlike (Moon = house of child, roots, past).

Oh and there's also the sensitivity thing, where she puts up her barriers and doesn't let anyone know the *real* hidden her ....... now that's a Crab for sure!

Oh and I just remembered, Moon is exalted (at home) in Cancer, so if you look to the negative aspects, surely they would be even more temper-tantrumy!

GoddessArtemis

huredriel said:
OK folks, real beginner stepping in here :D
Whilst I originally debated between Aries (Diva - was thinking of the reported Arian diva example of Mariah Carey) and Cancer (water = emotion/house of mother or father depending on beliefs), I'm going with Moon in Cancer.
We agree. ;)

GA

Minderwiz

As Dave says, there's no right or wrong answer here, so here's my view:

I need to establish a temperament that is mainly choleric, with some sanguinity and some phlegm. As I think the latter is more likely to be a 'body' characteristic, I'm not going for a water sigh for the Moon.

Traditionally, the Moon was perhaps even more important for a chart than the Sun. And for temperament it counts 40% using Dorian Greenbaum's system. However that is divided into three parts; the Moon's sign, its ruler and its phase. Of these the Moon's sign is 50% (20% of total). I think that needs to be choleric - a fire sign. Both Aries and Leo are ruled by choleric planets (Mars and the Sun). The third Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter, which is sanguine.

So An Aries or Leo Moon sign would give 30% of the total to Choleric, Sagittarius would only add 20%.

Moon phase goes as follows; first quarter = sanguine; second quarter = choleric; third quarter = melancholic; forth quarter = phlegmatic.

Of these, at this stage, I can only rule out third quarter, from my temperament assessment.

So, I'm PROVISIONALLY, suggesting Aries or Leo but this will be modified in the light of the discussion relating to the Sun. As the next stage Dave wants to look at is the ascendant, I'll point out that determining the ascendant will also therefore determine the house position of Sun and Moon (once the Moon phase is fixed). I'll use whole sign houses in order to simplify analysis.

A reminder of the role of the Moon in Traditional natal Astrology. The Moon symbolises the non-rational mind - that part we would now label instinctive or animal or non-rational. A choleric Moon suggests an instinctive choleric response to events, or people or circumstances - Miss Piggy is likely to shout first and ask questions later LOL.

ellirhyn

LOL, I have Moon in Cancer (9th house) and I am not like that at all. I dress for comfort, not "to the nines". I don't even wear make up, LOL. I am sensitive, but the shell of cancer doesn't let others see it much. Miss Piggy would be far more protective of Kermit if she had Moon in cancer, IMHO.
"Prima Donna" cracked me up, I see that far more as a Moon in Leo or Moon in the 10th house (public image). :)
My guess is a fire sign moon, like Leo, or the Aries mentioned. She's not bouncy and happy and jolly enough for a Sag moon.
She is very self centered and has not hesitated to Karate Chop Kermit himself (when he was making Googoo eyes at Linda Rondstadt for example), which says to me Moon in Aries. Punch first, ask questions later! Most Moon in cancers I know would never do that! They'd retreat in hurt sulky silence and then kill 'em with guilt trips for months, possibly years to come. Like Scorpio, Cancers never forget. Piggy's emotions come out in instant rage/anger. She has never exhibited the sensitivity or "wet" emotions of a water sign moon.
Moon in Leo would give Piggy the zest for "the Best", though I would go more for Moon in Aries as the Leo Moon (well aspected) wouldn't sink to the low levels that she can at times. She is also quite the bully!
My vote is for Moon in Aries! :D