"Blood Moon"

GotH

Wowie!!! I'm outside on the back patio checking it out right now. It's started from the bottom left. To me it looks like it's roughly "erasing." :cool2:

Edit.. Time 11:27. There are blue blurs around the moon. Looks like it's about half way there..

Laura Borealis

I just went and checked again - still too many clouds. :(

But on the streaming eclipse page...

Attachments

• Blood Moon 1.jpg
    Blood Moon 1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 276

GotH

I just went and checked again - still too many clouds. :(

But on the streaming eclipse page...

Ahh sorry wish you could see this. It's so peaceful out right now.. Well except for the busy cricket in the background and the sound of the water splashing from the waterfall.

So there is this red "star" that's just above the moon to the right. Could that be Mars I wonder? :confused:

Laura Borealis

Yes! It is Mars.

You might be able to see Saturn below and left of the Moon, also. It's hmm... maybe three times as far away as Mars is, according to my star map.

misser_piggit

Its beautiful here too :) just now taking on a shade towards red. its bright here as I'm at work in the parking lot. i see mars! I'm not too sure about saturn tho...and what's that faint one just to the bottom right of the moon?

Laura Borealis

Screenshot from my wee tablet with Google Star Map

It doesn't show the eclipse of course, and objects are not to scale. :D

Attachments

• Saturn Moon Mars.jpg
    Saturn Moon Mars.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 288

GotH

Its beautiful here too :) just now taking on a shade towards red. its bright here as I'm at work in the parking lot. i see mars! I'm not too sure about saturn tho...and what's that faint one just to the bottom right of the moon?

I THOUGHT I was seeing some red but figured I was imagining it! :D

I can't see Saturn.

Wow.. The red is pretty cool!

misser_piggit

Nice :) thanks for sharing

Laura Borealis

Oh man. I was about to go back out and see if the clouds have cleared, when I heard loud shouting outside... peeked out the window and it's cops! Yelling at someone to come down off the roof next door.

On an ordinary night I would just think they're drunk or crazy, neither of which is a stretch, but I bet they went up on their roof for the eclipse (better view of the clouds anyway!)

GotH

Oh man. I was about to go back out and see if the clouds have cleared, when I heard loud shouting outside... peeked out the window and it's cops! Yelling at someone to come down off the roof next door.

On an ordinary night I would just think they're drunk or crazy, neither of which is a stretch, but I bet they went up on their roof for the eclipse (better view of the clouds anyway!)

LMBO ... Yeah you best stay inside away from the loonies. :D

The color is more orangish now..

Well that was cool. To me it looks like someone threw a basketball up in the air and it stayed suspended. ;) So odd to see the moon that color. I was happy I could see this...