Wisdom of the Oracle Divination Cards: Colette Baron-Reid

katey

However, I can't connect with the ones with fairies in them. So I thought about getting the deck and removing those from my use. However, from the few that I have seen I have already counted 6 of those which I will have to remove if I do get the deck. Or perhaps, help count how many of those are fairy oriented....? Thanks in advance :)

Hi, I have the deck and I counted roughly 15 characters that I would consider fairy. It is a 52 card deck, so you'd be removing almost a third of it if your intention is to take out all fairy cards. I hope that helps.

I have the deck and have done a review on YouTube. I think it's a wonderful deck, and the messages I've been receiving are so sharp and on point that it has really been helping me a lot in my life at the moment. If the artwork appeals to you at all, I would highly recommend this deck. :)

The Happy Squirrel

Hi, I have the deck and I counted roughly 15 characters that I would consider fairy. It is a 52 card deck, so you'd be removing almost a third of it if your intention is to take out all fairy cards. I hope that helps.

I have the deck and have done a review on YouTube. I think it's a wonderful deck, and the messages I've been receiving are so sharp and on point that it has really been helping me a lot in my life at the moment. If the artwork appeals to you at all, I would highly recommend this deck. :)

Thank you for this!!

DaughterOfDanu

Does anyone have both this deck and the Enchanted Map Oracle?

I'm curious if it's worth buying a copy when I own the Enchanted Map. I love it, it's great for intuitive work.

For those who have both which do you prefer?

Padma

I have all of her decks so far, but I won't be getting this one. I have overdosed on Colette. :p

I preferred her earlier decks, like Wisdom of Avalon, that had less (to me) aloof self-righteousness. Kind of disappointed and fed up...

:neutral:

I can no longer aspire to her lofty spiritual heights, being merely a human being.

And she is starting to remind me of Doreen Virtue.

The Happy Squirrel

Sighs. I have decided against it. Just too many fairies.....

Padma

I don't think you will regret it, Happy Squirrel. Her first deck was the best, imo...

DaughterOfDanu

I have all of her decks so far, but I won't be getting this one. I have overdosed on Colette. :p

I preferred her earlier decks, like Wisdom of Avalon, that had less (to me) aloof self-righteousness. Kind of disappointed and fed up...

:neutral:

I can no longer aspire to her lofty spiritual heights, being merely a human being.

And she is starting to remind me of Doreen Virtue.

I own three of her decks I think. Wisdom of the Hidden Realm, Wisdom of the House of Night, and The Enchanted Map. I never quite got the hang of reading with the Wisdom of the Hidden Realm and Wisdom of the House of Night is nice till I remember the books it's based off of and then yuck. They're like the Wiccan version of Twilight..

I never did read much into the booklet that came with the Enchanted Map, I read them purely intuitively so I guess I don't get much of that aloof self-righteousness. I like the way the art pulls me into it's "World". I don't get that much with other decks.

She reminded me of DV from the start, but I'm not a huge fan or critic of DV so it never bugged me :p

Padma

TreeLeafe, I have also reverted to intuition readings with the decks! The art is lovely :) and you are wise!

The booklets of (my view/opinion) self-righteousness have much less to offer than our own hearts ;)

Ambrosia

Well my copy arrived last week and I am in love. I don't see much fae in the deck at all and I'm in no way into fairies - in fact I gave my DV Healing With The Fairies oracle deck away for that very reason.

I don't have any of Colette's other decks, but after having seen many images and reviews of them, this is the one that speaks to me.

Aivli

A first deck for a 15 y/o girl?

Do you think this deck would be appropriate for a teenage girl's (15) first deck? I'm considering giving this as a gift to my niece.

I know that it depends on the personality, maturity, interests, etc. of the girl. She seems mature for her age (although at 15 I realize "seems" is the key word). She's very intelligent, sensitive, and creative. She is a dancer, she loves to sing, draw and paint. She also loves nature, going fishing, and practicing shooting guns. šŸ˜€

Any feedback is welcome and appreciated! Thank you in advance.