Kabbalah Cards by Roland and Gainsford

EmpyreanKnight

I purchased this deck by Paul Roland and Sylvia Gainsford a few days ago. I'm just beginning my serious Tarot studies, and I want to cover as much of the esoteric aspects of it as I can. This entails studying rudimentary astrology, the Golden Dawn system, and of course the Kabbalah. I thought these cards can very well serve not just as a complement to my study of the Tarot, but may even be instructive by themselves as well, especially since aesthetically, the cards are very pleasing. They also resonate with something within me, and I'm very much excited to begin working with them in depth.

However, it seems that this is already OOP, and I can find very few reviews for this one. Even here in Aeclectic, mention of these cards seem very rare, which I find a bit perplexing.

So I just want to ask. Has any of you guys owned or worked with the Kabbalah Cards? For what did you use them for? How often did you use them, and what was your experience working with it? The creator did not seem to think much of using his cards for divination, but if you did, how did you find them? What books (or videos, or other media) do you recommend if anyone wish to study the cards in great depth?

Don't be afraid of going overboard with the length of your replies. I love details.

AJ

this is probably on your box, but I share it for others unfamiliar with the deck.

Kabbalah is the ancient Jewish mystical system which promises to reveal the nature and purpose of existence.

Kabbalah teacher and author Paul Roland has created a unique set of Kabbalah cards to introduce it's principles - which form the foundation of the Western esoteric tradition - in a simplified and practical form. By using the cards in spreads similar to those in Tarot readings you can discover the underlying themes of your life and the means by which you can overcome difficulties and make the most of your opportunities. The cards can also be used in meditation for a journey of self-exploration using the Kabbalistic Tree of Life as a symbolic map of the psyche.

Contains: 33 cards (11 major and 22 minor.) A detailed instruction booklet plus a fold out Tree of Life Spread.

The Kabbalah Cards is published by AGM Muller/Carta Mundi in August 2003.
And a US Games Systems in 2005

If you avoid all the usual places :) The set can still be found for retail price on lots of sites.

So much for the dry stuff. Have you used them in any manner? When I took up the Thoth I studied the Kabbalah too. It is a deep subject for my shallow mind but we have members here who a very studied in it.

In looking at Rolands book list I fear he takes a interesting subject and bends them to suit his mind. I wonder if he did it with this subject too?