Playing Card Inserts - How Important Are They _To You_

Tallulah

Hi everyone! I have a question for readers of the Lenormand.

I understand the history of the playing card inserts on the Lenormand and, coming from some familiarity of cartomancy I understand how they can be read, so this question is aimed at personal preferences.

How important do _you_, personally, find the playing card inserts? Do you use the playing card readings regularly or only for certain situations? Do you use them at all?

-Tal

celticnoodle

I'm fairly new at reading with Lenormand, but in all honesty, they do not bother me being on the card, but also if they are not on the card. I do not use them or refer to it while doing readings.

I started out in my reading card history with reading only playing cards, thinking I would never go into tarot. After a few years, I did finally buy a tarot deck--and then more and more. I also have purchased many oracles, including the Lenormand. But I have never referred back to playing cards for my tarot and don't plan to with the Lenormand either.

cmarie

I like having the playing card inserts on the cards. I don't neccessarily use them, but when I am puzzling over a reading I will look at the courts in the inserts for more information. The inserts are also handy for seeing pairs, three of a kind or 4 of a kind. When I am shopping for a deck I prefer decks with the inserts.

I don't read a lot with Lenormand, so take this with a grain of salt.

Tallulah

@celticnoodle - I mainly started out with playing cards (standard 52) as well so I feel like I'm not getting "the full picture" reading from a piquet deck - using my cartomancy method, that is. Reading Lenormand is, obviously, quite different.

@cmarie - I hadn't thought of looking for pairs, etc. I do sometimes consider the courts if I'm doing a reading where I'm looking for other people involved.

Disa

I'm VERY new to Lenormand, but I find that I like the cards to have the playing card inserts- even if I don't know what to do with them, yet. It's the things like cmarie mentioned above that I want to learn. I watched a you tube video today where the reader mentioned for clarification sometimes you can look at the playing card inserts and gain more understanding. So, at the moment, they aren't that important because I'm still learning, but I want them to be there when I get ready for them :)

greatdane

I just find them a distraction if they're big

I don't mind the symbol in a corner, I mind the WHOLE playing card. If I wanted to read playing cards, I would. I get some really like them and use them. I like there are choices out there for EVERYONE. If people want them, I think that's great and they should have them. But as I don't use them, it just takes up space to me, especially if a Lenormand deck is poker size, has borders and then a full playing card insert. I want to see the Lenormand image as large and clear as possible. I read the image, not the playing card.