Playing cards -- what are they about?

Sparkle_126

Playing cards inserts -- what are they about?

Hi

I have become really fascinated by the lenormand decks and was interested in learning how to use them. I have seen so many styles of decks over the weekend, that it is not funny! But the one thing that I do not understand is how the playing cards inserts on the picture cards work, or if they are even necessary. I would like to do the classic style, but am interested in all decks. I am a beginner and was first wanting to learn tarot, however, these decks look more straight forward and easier to learn.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cacia

Sparkle_126

here is a link so you can read what the insert cards are about

Click here

Cacia

Sparkle_126

Hi,

Thank you both for the information! I definitely have some reading to do!

Sibylline

Just purchased "The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook" by Caitlin Matthews. She dedicates a few chapters to using the playing card associations.

Sparkle_126

Thank you for the book reference. Will have to look that up on my Kindle!

Padma

Some readers find they have no relevance whatsoever, as they don't go with the cards they are on in regard to meanings...you can see a review of that by noted Lenormand *and* playing card reader, Malkiel Rouven Dietrich. He thinks the inserts don't match properly. He takes you through how to identify the people cards (without using inserts) in the first 15 minutes, then talks about the inserts in regard to the Lenormand cards after that :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmaNFd4RmLw&index=73&list=PL1EKJF4WuJopPxnT0ORWMLoznNdC3fcaB

*Warning! Intro music is really loud! :p

Joon

Andy Boroveshengra teaches using the suits and the court cards. There is a section on the suits in the new edition of Thirty-Six Cards (kindle or print from Amazon).

He is also is running his Cartomante's Cabinet course again right now (info at his last name [dot] com).

Sparkle_126

Thank you Padma and Joon. I started looking at the you tube videos and yes, the intro is loud. But I like the way that the guy reads the cards. He has some great lessons! Thank you for the reference.

I will look for the book reference too. Thank you again!

Padma

Sparkle, I have watched all of his English videos, and I have learned so much! :)