Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

G6

Well, think about your first question. If you corner the deck before you trim all the sides, you're probably going to cut the rounded corners off unless you use a huge rounder first that rounds past where the part you're going to trim is.

For the second question, I have both a 5mm and 9mm rounder that I bought off Overstock. I don't think I've ever used the 9mm rounder though.

Rodney

Thanks, do you have the kind that looks like a staple remover or the one with a long handle?

G6

El Dodgy Spanish Rohrig - :)

As some of you may know, I recently received a dodgy Spanish Rohrig aka El Tarot de Rohrig. The backs were printed in all different shades of blue/purple. Anyway, I am to receive a replacement copy, so I decided to practice more trimming on this one. I also cornered the deck this time.

May I present, the "New" El Dodgy Spanish Rohrig... :)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 167
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 142

FLizarraga

As some of you may know, I recently received a dodgy Spanish Rohrig aka El Tarot de Rohrig. The backs were printed in all different shades of blue/purple. Anyway, I am to receive a replacement copy, so I decided to practice more trimming on this one. I also cornered the deck this time.

May I present, the "New" El Dodgy Spanish Rohrig... :)

Well, from what I see, the El Dodgy Rohrig has been completely de-dodgified.... :D Great job!

I have a feeling you're not going to like as much the regular one when you get it...

G6

Well, from what I see, the El Dodgy Rohrig has been completely de-dodgified.... :D Great job!

I have a feeling you're not going to like as much the regular one when you get it...

Thanks, I know. I had planned to put up El Dodgy Rohrig on the Trade Pages, but now that I've put in sweat equity and it's become somewhat of a character in my life I'm not sure if I will anymore...we'll see... ;-)

bonebeach

oooh, the Rohrig is definitely dodgy no longer. Looks beautiful and way better trimmed!

Tanga

Edge Staining Question ??

That "El Dodgy" has such pretty backs goldenVI :)

Firstly - @AJ, I see my beloved Gendron Tarot with altered borders is not on list.
Shock, Horror! :joke:
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/507569820481044039/
White borders removed down to inner gold strip, footer writing retained. Edges coloured with "walnut stain" from Tom Holtz distress ink.
It is sooo cool to have these listings - thankyou so much for all your work!

Secondly - I have a deck with white borders, and I'd love to stain the edges red.
Anyone else done this successfully? I'm wondering about the colour "bleeding" a little onto the borders. I figure if I use a marker pen (Marks a Lot) I may better control no bleeding, as opposed to an ink pad.
Guess I'll get round to testing it on a discarded card...

rwcarter

Secondly - I have a deck with white borders, and I'd love to stain the edges red.
Anyone else done this successfully? I'm wondering about the colour "bleeding" a little onto the borders. I figure if I use a marker pen (Marks a Lot) I may better control no bleeding, as opposed to an ink pad.
Guess I'll get round to testing it on a discarded card...
I used cherry on my Pimped RWS. I just used an ink pad, quickly and lightly carrying the edge of the card across the top of the pad - 4 edges by 78 cards actually doesn't take as long as it sounds.

Rodney

Tanga

I used cherry on my Pimped RWS. I just used an ink pad, quickly and lightly carrying the edge of the card across the top of the pad - 4 edges by 78 cards actually doesn't take as long as it sounds.

Rodney

Hmm. OK then - guess I'll wait for that "fired red" ink pad to come through my letter box and give it a go. :)

As for how long it takes. Depends on my state. Lol.
Last night - I polished off edging a whole deck in no-time at all.
This afternoon - I'm thick with a head-cold and each and every card seems to be dragging on into infinity. I'm determined though - seeing as I have this time off, being sick and all.
I'm doing it in fits and starts.

RiverRunsDeep

Golden Universal/Blackened edges

Here are some pictures of my Golden Universal deck; I
blackened the edges with an Avery Marks-A-Lot marker.

Attachments

• IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 133