Help....Tarot Blue Box information

Bluebird1

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have done some searches to find info. on the Blue Box but I still did not find what I have.

On one side it says: Conceived by A. E. Waite and drawn by Pamela Coleman Smith
TAROT CARDS
printed for Rider & Company . London by A. G. Muller & Cie . Switzerland

The other side says: The original and only authorised edition of Tarot Cards

Rider & Co . 3 Fitzroy Square . London W1

My blue box front is just like this one on the lower right hand side
http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=9194

Can anyone help direct me to know more about what I have? I would like to sell this set, but I am not really sure how much it is worth.

Thanks in advance,
Gerry

Teheuti

It's worth whatever someone will pay for it, but if you promote it right you should be able to get between $50-100 for it (maybe much more?). This edition is one of the most sought after of the modern editions of the deck. Be sure to note that it's a Rider & Co. British edition *without* the U.S.Games copyright on the bottom right. I've noticed that the print quality varies from copy to copy, mostly as to how crisp and dark the blacks are. It just depends on who is looking at the time and how much they are willing to spend.

I have one that is my very favorite printing of the deck (seeing as how I don't have a PAM A, B or C).

Abrac

Condition's really important. I'd say $50-$75 might be realistic if it's in tip-top shape and you get the the right buyer who knows what it is. But as Teheuti mentioned, it could get a lot more if it's in an auction.

Edit: If you're looking for more info about it, it's commonly called the "blue box" Rider-Waite deck. If you search this forum you'll find more about it.

Bluebird1

It's worth whatever someone will pay for it, but if you promote it right you should be able to get between $50-100 for it (maybe much more?). This edition is one of the most sought after of the modern editions of the deck. Be sure to note that it's a Rider & Co. British edition *without* the U.S.Games copyright on the bottom right. I've noticed that the print quality varies from copy to copy, mostly as to how crisp and dark the blacks are. It just depends on who is looking at the time and how much they are willing to spend.

I have one that is my very favorite printing of the deck (seeing as how I don't have a PAM A, B or C).

Thank you for your reply. Why do you say this edition is one of the most sougtht after? Is it because of the 3 Fitzroy Square address? Also, I have compared the cards to see if it is Pam A B C or D and I believe it is Pam A. Also I have a link to the design on the back of the cards but having an issue with posting it? https://newageearthlings.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/original-rider-waite-tarot.jpg

Bluebird1

Condition's really important. I'd say $50-$75 might be realistic if it's in tip-top shape and you get the the right buyer who knows what it is. But as Teheuti mentioned, it could get a lot more if it's in an auction.

Edit: If you're looking for more info about it, it's commonly called the "blue box" Rider-Waite deck. If you search this forum you'll find more about it.

Thank you for your reply. I believe the condition is very good and I will continue finding my way around....thanks!

rwcarter

Also I have a link to the design on the back of the cards but having an issue with posting it?
Only Subscribers are able to attach things to their posts. If you wish to become a Subscriber, you can find info on how to do so at Upgrade & support us too! Otherwise, you can upload the image to a picture hosting site and put a link here in this thread. You should be able to just copy and paste a link though.

Bluebird1

Only Subscribers are able to attach things to their posts. If you wish to become a Subscriber, you can find info on how to do so at Upgrade & support us too! Otherwise, you can upload the image to a picture hosting site and put a link here in this thread. You should be able to just copy and paste a link though.

I copied and pasted the picture of what my blue box looked like in my first post. Not a subscriber....but then you say I should be able to copy and paste a link. I tried to copy and paste the link-(picture of back of cards) I copied it and it never allowed me to paste it on my post. According to what you have said I should have been able to do a copy and paste. ???

rwcarter

You can't copy and paste a picture in this forum. You can copy and paste the link to the picture just as you did in your original post where you pasted a link to the front of your blue box. Does that make sense?

Abrac

If you posted a link like you did in your first post it should work. I've never not been able to post links. Try it again, it may have just been a temporary glitch.

Bluebird1

You can't copy and paste a picture in this forum. You can copy and paste the link to the picture just as you did in your original post where you pasted a link to the front of your blue box. Does that make sense?

Yes, thanks!