Did Pixie use a photocopy?

Desecrated

I don't remember Kaplan saying that and I don't know of any source contemporary to her that indicates Smith had a copy of Book T.

Your reference to Smith spending 3 days sketching in the museum is important information - can you give us a specific source?

Part of the problem is that a lot of people make unverified claims about what Smith knew and so the story gets all mixed up.

In the centennial box there is a book about pixie. I got my information from this and from the pictorial key.

Teheuti

In the centennial box there is a book about pixie. I got my information from this and from the pictorial key.
I reread the centennial book and I know all the references to Smith & the creation of the deck in PKT and I still can't find these details. As I've said, tidbits get added to Pixie's story all the time until it is hard to know what is actual fact and what details have been added to flesh out the story. The "Pixie" who lives in people's heads is often far different than the original.

Desecrated

I reread the centennial book and I know all the references to Smith & the creation of the deck in PKT and I still can't find these details. As I've said, tidbits get added to Pixie's story all the time until it is hard to know what is actual fact and what details have been added to flesh out the story. The "Pixie" who lives in people's heads is often far different than the original.

Okay, I'll find the quotes tomorrow, it's 11pm where I am but check in here again.

Desecrated

I can't find it.
I'm going to have to say that I was wrong.
I know that I've read somewhere that Yeats let her borrow his book of T during the making of the RWS, But I can't find it.
BUT, it is definitely NOT in the stuart kaplan book.

In the pictorial key to the tarot, Waite mentions the pamphlet about tarot cards that mathers put out, But it never says if he gave that to Pamela. Or if she had a copy of it herself.

Teheuti

I can't find it.
I'm going to have to say that I was wrong.
I know that I've read somewhere that Yeats let her borrow his book of T during the making of the RWS, But I can't find it.
BUT, it is definitely NOT in the stuart kaplan book.

In the pictorial key to the tarot, Waite mentions the pamphlet about tarot cards that mathers put out, But it never says if he gave that to Pamela. Or if she had a copy of it herself.
Mathers' 1888 Tarot book is definitely NOT Book T. It's primarily Etteilla. Waite does say that there was help from "one other" in the creation of the deck. There's nothing to indicate who that was but the most likely candidates are Florence Farr, W.B. Yeats and Arthur Machen. We have no indication of how much help was provided or of what kind.