7 CUPS Spiritism Session ?

ArcanoMáximo

Why Pamela would put that skull in the cup with the laurels crown? Might it be related with the glory that someone receive many time after die?
Or is just a ghost effect, like in all that photos in which some light or shadow seems to be a phantasmagoric face or just wandering ectoplasmatic substance?
Even more, the being in white with veil and the red brigth around looks exactly like the way in which spirits show themselves when materialized, also they usually may materialize jewels, flowers or stuffs like those that appear in each one of the cups, as is shown in many pictures in the net.
Please, if you are scary, don't look the photos})!

Attachments

• 7CUPS.jpeg
    7CUPS.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 240
  • ghost1.jpg
    ghost1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 259
  • ghost2.jpg
    ghost2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 231
  • gosth3.jpg
    gosth3.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 222
  • ghost4.jpg
    ghost4.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 222

Flavio

Cool pics!

The skull on the 7 of Cups definitely relates to fame/glory after death, allow me to quote Pollux's take on this skull from this thread

Pollux said:
The Laurel & Skull:
Laurel is the plant of triumph, and victory, SURE IT IS!

But you must not forget that mythically it also is the highest award for poets (in particular - remeber Dante's invocations in the "Divina Commedia"), the official acknowledgement of their inspiration and art. It was the conferring of the "Laurel wrath" that likened the "craft", the skill and the "worth" of the poet to that of divinity. Apollo, the God of the Sun Chariot, is the patron of arts together with the Muses, and he is described many times as the most skilled poet (remember Marcia's Myth?).

The Laurel is his sacred plant, and represents FAME, as I also said before, acknowledgement and celebration of divine skill in a human being. Therefore, that image DEFINITELY means Victory over Death, as Fame makes the human being immortal, akin to a god (and therefore twice like them: for the art and for the eternal life). Dante himself insist so much on this very point, "begging" the deities to give him skill and proficiency to gaiun eternal life through poetic/artistic expression and by receiving the LAurel, sacred plant of Apollo, god of Arts.

I was soooooooooo repetitive! But I hope I made my point, and explicated it clearly!

I just can't express it better than him :)

Now to the ghost pictures, I don't have any evidence that Pamela Colman attended a couple spiritual sessions herself but her background make think she did :) maybe she saw something like the ghosts in the pics, and then put it in the 7 of Cups... now this card became a little bit scary, didn't it?

Thanks for the pics, until now many of us in the forum had thought that the woman in veil was a symbol for mistery, or the bride to be, but now the pics helped me understand that the woman in veil is actually the victorian concept of how a ghost must look like.

ArcanoMáximo

Thanks Flavio for the Pollux's quote, i search before start a thread trying not to say the same again but obviously that was in the "using tarot cards forum". I don't realize that migth be a thread about a precise RWS card there too, but was in 2002, so that explain it all.

And i agree with you about the Pamela's knowledge about the medium topic.
But i think also that skull may be depicting something more.
Do you know about what have to do the ones that are initiated in the rite of the Freemasonry to be accepted?
How was in the Golden Down? Maybe Pamela is showing it here.
Also, there are many cults, Umbanda, Vodoo, necromancy, etc, that use human bones to reach their goals.
And here the person, wearing a BLACK suit, seems to be in front to a table of ceremonies similar, for example, to any "terreiro do candomblé" . To me this is the card that said me when someone believes to be victim of some psychic influence, real or not, or that he/she is implicated in some kind of them.
And if you pull also The Death card, The Devil, and some more, can you imagine what this "combo" means:eek:?

Flavio

ArcanoMáximo said:
Do you know about what have to do the ones that are initiated in the rite of the Freemasonry to be accepted?
How was in the Golden Down? Maybe Pamela is showing it here.
I understand they are blinded, then another of the members lead them through a room, as a symbol of humility to overcome the darkness of ignorance, so, do you think the veil in this case is to blind the person to be initiated?

And if you pull also The Death card, The Devil, and some more, can you imagine what this "combo" mean?
7 of Cups + Devil is for me a clear sign of substance abuse, alcohol and drugs mixed, wonder what means for you the different 7 of Cups combos.

ArcanoMáximo

Flavio said:
I understand they are blinded, then another of the members lead them through a room, as a symbol of humility to overcome the darkness of ignorance, so, do you think the veil in this case is to blind the person to be initiated?
and very close to a coffin with human skull and bones, to see if you are capable to conquer your fears. Amusement? I guess the veiled being is the least you can see there.
I'm not a Mason but maybe someone can verify this.
I'm sure Pamela has been very subtle at the moment to show it in this card.

Flavio said:
7 of Cups + Devil is for me a clear sign of substance abuse, alcohol and drugs mixed
I see this just with The Devil. When is pulled with 7Cups i guess we have many more, something related with low astral spirit cults too, or someone is offering gifts to send some sort of energie above the querent, but i always try to be delicade at the moment of say it, and look for other cards. I don't really believe in those "powers" but isn't something to worry about if someone is doing that to you, even if you, like me, don't believe can hurt you?

Flavio

This thread resonates in my mind looking for new takes on the original question, if this cards depicts (under certain circumstances of course) a spiritism sesion, then...

Who is leading such session? the dark man in the card? is he the dark side of the Magician? at least the haircut looks the same. I know we are at Rider-Waite-Smith thread but please take a look at the Hanson-Roberts 7 of Cups, here, an actual magician is included with the cups.

Attachments

• 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 271

ArcanoMáximo

Awesome!

Flavio, I can't believe it!!! Is exactly what i was wanting to say! I'd never seen this card before.
Even when this magician doesn't look so black as we see it in RWS deck, he illustrates in a large extent what i meant!
Thanks, than you very much by your genteel help, Flavio.
Now, I'll check in other decks what is shown in their 7Cups.
Thank by the idea too:)!
AM*

Flavio

OK... the spiritism session is already set, we have the ghosts, initiation items, hallucinations, someone leading the session (he is probably the medium also) now what practical uses can we give to this 7 of Cups hue?

ArcanoMaximo elaborated about this card paired with the Devil on a reading as follows:
ArcanoMáximo said:
When is pulled with 7Cups i guess we have many more, something related with low astral spirit cults too, or someone is offering gifts to send some sort of energie above the querent, but i always try to be delicade at the moment of say it, and look for other cards. I don't really believe in those "powers" but isn't something to worry about if someone is doing that to you, even if you, like me, don't believe can hurt you?
What to do and tell to the querent if she/he actually believes to be victim of black magic, psychic works or another evil energy management?

ArcanoMáximo

Well, as i consider Tarot also as a Healer, i always see which cards can help and i give to the person some white & black card copies that i always have and then i suggest him/her to paint them and focus in their image, explaning something about the "alpha level", so the psychotronic power can work.
Depending of the case maybe i order an exorcist with prays to Michael Archangel using also The Justice card.
This is my style, but i'm for sure this happen to all readers some times too.
what do you do then?
What about your ways?