3 Three of Cups

louiseb

I always remember this card as a kind of Sex and the City group of friends get together! :)
When it turns up for me it normally means good times with my girl friends, rather than a guys get together but can be any celebration

couldnt agree more danieljuk what a fun card it is.

Tarotdivine

Happiness, get-together, party, friends going out together and having a lot of fun, celebration.....
On a naughty note, It could also indicate a threesome ;-)

shadowmack

There is also familial quality to it because the three women celebrating are multi-generational – maiden in white, crone to our back and the middle aged woman in red and white.

Richard

To me, they seem to be celebrating an abundant harvest.

ravenest

An abundant harvest in the area of the emotions (or other things relating to this 'world') , because of the balanced Three Principles, perhaps. They all lift their cups aloft in a toast or dance of celebration of unity. I like the idea of a circular dance as each one can 'change stations'.

"Thou one in three, thou three in one."

With a third principle it can regulate, balance or mediate any issue or contention between the other two. This is a very different arrangement from the bonding of the two.

GotH

This card ALWAYS comes up for me right before a fun Girls Night Out. Good times.

Teheuti

It occasionally comes up, when supported by the question and other cards, to mean drunkenness or alcoholism. But, don't let that put a damper on your fun. It's all in the context. I've also seen the 3 of Cups reversed to come up when someone is on the wagon and needs to avoid their old drinking buddies.

ravenest

" AUTONOE. Evoe, Ho! Give me to drink!

AGAVE. Run wild!
Mountain and mountain let us leap upon
Like tigers on their prey!

MAENADS. Crush, crush the world!

AGAVE. Tread earth as 'twere a winepress!

AUTONOE. Drink its blood,
The sweet red wine!

MAENADS. Ay, drink the old earth dry!

AGAVE. Squeeze the last drops out till the frame collapse
Like on old wineskin!

AUTONOE. So the sooner sup
Among the stars!

AGAVE. The swift, swift stars!

MAENADS. O night!
Night, night, fall deep and sure!

AUTONOE. Fall soft and sweet!

AGAVE. Moaning for love the woods lie.

AUTONOE. Sad the land
Lies thirsty for our kisses.

MAENADS. All wild things
Yearn towards the kiss that ends in blood.

AGAVE. Blood! Blood!
Bring wine! Ha! Bromius, Bromius!

MAENADS. Come, sweet God,
Come forth and lie with us!

AUTONOE. Us, maidens now
And then and ever afterwards!

AGAVE. Chaste, chaste!
Our madness hath no touch of bitterness,
No taste of foulness in the morning mouth.

AUTONOE. O mouth of ripe red sunny grapes! God! God!
Evoe! Dwell! Abide!

AGAVE. I feel the wings
Of love, of mystery; they waft soft streams
Of night air to my heated breast and brow..... "

:)

PattyMc

It occasionally comes up, when supported by the question and other cards, to mean drunkenness or alcoholism. But, don't let that put a damper on your fun. It's all in the context. I've also seen the 3 of Cups reversed to come up when someone is on the wagon and needs to avoid their old drinking buddies.

I've had it show reversed when the person had a hangover from too much fun the night before, feeling that "oh I'm never gonna drink again" :D

Patty