A Moon Card Spread

Mellaenn

I was originally trying to create a spread for this month's full moon to present in my tarot class today, but this spread turned into a spread based on the general appearance and energy of the moon card. I thought I would go ahead and share it here.

I've attached a PDF format but here is the general idea:

******5*******
***3*****4****
*1**********2*

1. Unconscious Desires – Your unknown intentions in regard to the topic
2. Conscious Desires - Your known intentions in regard to the topic
3. What To Leave Behind – What you need to let go of
4. What to Take From the Past – A mindset that’s working for you
5. The Moon – Your Goal or Outcome – What is illuminated

Attachments

• Tarot Journey - The Moon Spread.pdf
    77.6 KB · Views: 404

seedcake

I'm collecting spreads at the moment, instead of using them right away. Anyway, that's a lovely idea. Where's the moon, I'm there too. :)

marckus71

this is cool

I am going to try this and post the results

danieljuk

this is a great spread Mellaenn!
I collect moon and seasonal festive spreads to do on the specific days. Will keep this one saved :)

Hemera

This is a great spread. I was looking for something like this recently for the three super moons this summer. The second super moon which is in August will be the largest of the three.
I´ll add this one to our index.

Mellaenn

I do have an update for this one. We tried it in the class with a number of different readings, and one of the positions was often a little tricky to read. Card #3 - What To Leave Behind - would often be something we don't really want to leave behind, like the joy inherent in 3 of Cups, for example. We began to see it more fitting as a recent sphere of influence, which would basically be the energy of the moon as it was waxing, so Recent Influence Waxing in your Life may be a better designation for that position. If anyone tries this spread, see what you think.

moon_light

I just used this spread and got some very deep insights. I didn't read your update until now, but either definition works (strangely enough). I switched the layout to a crescent moon-shaped one, though. Like this:

-------------2-----
---------4---------
-----5-------------
---------3---------
-------------1-----

Thanks for posting this! I found it really helpful.