ASAP a warm-up spread before a reading?

Atcandela

can anyone suggest a warm-up spread before a reading?
I've been having a challenging time to remain grounded to
do any readings. And I feel the cards calling out to me, but need
to find a means to connect truly to the cards.

I've promised a friend a reading within the hour, and still feeling
unfocussed.

much appreciate the thoughts.. ~A~

Gayla

1 2 3

1 yes

2 no

3 maybe

or

just a 1 card draw or two and meditate on those cards..

Mellifluous

You could meditate on the High Priestess card. Or any card you feel represents you or that you've been drawn to lately.

:)

Lurea

Oftentimes, I meditate before reading. Even just a clearing deep breath or two helps.

I also like to switch my decks around occasionally, and sometimes I will play around by picking five or six and then ask each deck if it is the right deck for my reading. :) Or I'll ask "what do I need to know about reading for (blank) today?"

Most times I get a "just get up and do it!" sort of answer. Sometimes I get cards indicating fuzzy thinking, and then I often will put off reading for a bit.

Atcandela

subconscious exercise..

I didn't get home early enough to meditate, so I ended up doing the reading "cold turkey". despite still feeling "unfocussed", the reading definitely caught my friend's query and he was quite satisfied with the
reading. I have to say I was on "auto-pilot" when doing the reading..
sort of a fuzzy-minded trance state!

Madelyn

I didn't get home early enough to meditate, so I ended up doing the reading "cold turkey". despite still feeling "unfocussed", the reading definitely caught my friend's query and he was quite satisfied with the
reading. I have to say I was on "auto-pilot" when doing the reading..
sort of a fuzzy-minded trance state!

Some people read best that way! :)

sladie

I know this is an old thread

I do a chakra Cleansing and & Activation guided meditation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xwtA6C2DQ before I do readings. Any meditation that helps you ground would work, and I really like using YouTube. I also tend to make sure I've had a bath, tea, and a clean work area (in my case, fresh sheets and blankets on my fresh made bed. I don't do clients, and my room mate and boyfriend are used to sitting on my bed to watch movies, so it's comfortable for them.) It helps a LOT. I also tend to look for a spread I want to do, or try. I'm still a beginner, but I'm really wanting to push myself and opening up, so I do my best to make sure I'm stable and clear for readings.

I hope this helps people.