Spread Journal

KMilliron

Oh your a genius!!! I never even thought to keep them on my kindle! Thank you for the tip. I carry my kindle everywhere I go and can't believe I never thought of this.

I'm thinking of grouping this with PrincessPaulina's "categories" for easier access.

Jes

I have a small moleskine that I use. I keep them all written in this.
And this journal fits into my larger size moleskine that is my tarot journal. i like being able to shove the spread journal into my bag or whatever.

ummmm whats a kindle?

KMilliron

ummmm whats a kindle?

The ebook reader by Amazon. There's also the Nook and Sony E-Reader as well as other names/brands. I find the kindle useful for carrying .txt documents, like my lyrics ideas and stuff.

Glass Owl

I have a huge 3 ring binder full of the clear protector pages. I store spreads in there and like previously suggested, I have them separated roughly by categories. Most of them are printed out and include a title, author, layout etc. I like the fact that I can add, remove, and rearrange them at any time. Since the binder has gotten so heavy I need to dedicate some time purging and condensing, possibly even separating them into 2 binders - with my own original spreads in a new one.

But I really love using a program called Evernote to type up, print out, and store my spreads. I've using it for years. It has been a lifesaver when I've had various computers problems since the data is stored on their end. I can also update and view my Evernote's content on my phone via the app or on the site. I love the fact that I can create folders in the program and I can easily find a spread using their search function.

Mythic Silence

Greetings!

I keep a spread specific journal. My method is to number the pages in this journal, so that when I write about a reading in my separate "readings" journal, I can jot down the page number of the spread I used for reference. It is a system that has worked well for me. :)

poopsie

I am starting my own collection spreads, too. I initially opted to keep a journal on them because I found some spreads about past life. I have also categorized them a bit. I would like to make it more interesting for myself at least by eventually even putting pictures. maybe you can also suggest how we can develop insights about the spreads we collect.

Amaterasu

I have a huge 3 ring binder full of the clear protector pages. I store spreads in there and like previously suggested, I have them separated roughly by categories. Most of them are printed out and include a title, author, layout etc. I like the fact that I can add, remove, and rearrange them at any time. Since the binder has gotten so heavy I need to dedicate some time purging and condensing, possibly even separating them into 2 binders - with my own original spreads in a new one.

But I really love using a program called Evernote to type up, print out, and store my spreads. I've using it for years. It has been a lifesaver when I've had various computers problems since the data is stored on their end. I can also update and view my Evernote's content on my phone via the app or on the site. I love the fact that I can create folders in the program and I can easily find a spread using their search function.

I've been using Evernote for a while now, but I never thought of using that for keeping spreads. Now I'm typing up and copying spreads haha. Thanks for the idea! :)

Astraea Aurora

I have kept spread journals since the beginning. I make sure to write down:

...............category..................
spread #...spread title (credits)...
...............layout......................
...............positions..................
...............instructions/tips........

* spread number (that's also my way to indentify a spread when I read the cards & want to jot down which spread I've used)
* spread title
* credits
* category (in pencil)
* layout (sometimes it helps to draw the layout and insert the position numbers later)
* positions
* any instructions on how to read it, any tips or other useful things (sometimes the author intended a different order of interpretation, say 1-6-7-3-4-5-2-8 as opposed to 1 to 8, so that's what I jot down)

Basically every page in my spread journals looks like this. Oh, and I don't separate them by categories, that's why I note which one it belongs to.

I also keep an excel document on my pc where I list it all (spread number, title, credits, category, how many cards?). I sort them by category in a separate tab.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

WolfyJames

I keep my tarot journal in a tree database application called TreeDBNotes. I created in it a spread tree and there various different categories where I keep the spreads:

- Career - Money
- Choices
- Creativity (art spreads)
- Daily Spread
- Decks
- Dreams
- General (like celtic crosses or other spreads I don't where to put)
- Health
- Home
- Inner Growth (emotional, spiritual, etc)
- Love - Friendship - Relationships
- Magic, Divination and Supernatural
- Monthly/Weekly Spreads - Moon Spreads
- New Year - Holidays - Birthdays
- Parenthood / Children
- Past lives
- Pets
- Tree of life
- Weird, Dark and Silly Spreads

Jaloyoloti

I have a very inefficient journal as I've just recently become interested in the art. I merely go by date. I incorporate the spreads and their positions meanings as well as spreads that I've done for future reference. I think of it as a way to see my progress. Eventually I might take up organizing my tarot related documents but I'm too lazy now. xD