What's Holding Me Back spread

Babylon

I'll be trying this spread tonight!! Thanks OP.

shadowedge

Tried it, loved it.

This is a new addition to my reading aresenal.

Many many thanks!

J

rwcarter

rwcarter said:

So the positions would then be:
1. The essence of the blockage
2. Past influences that have created the block
3. Present influences perpetuating the block
4. What others have contributed to this blockage
5. What you have contributed to this blockage
6. How you can break through the blockage
7. What will happen if you do not overcome the block
8. What will happen if you do overcome the block
9, 10, 11. General cards of advice

I don't have a problem with three cards for advice. Often there's more than one thing that can be done to get from one place to another. The three cards could be read as three separate pieces of advice or could be read together as a series of steps to take.
I tried this modification of the original spread last night and posted the results tonight. I should know in the next day or two how correct I was in my interpretation. Even if I was way off base, I'm glad I used this spread (as laid out above). I got some difficult cards that caused me to stretch as a reader. I also made some connections between cards simply from where they fell in the layout. I will definitely be using this spread again.

Rodney

three.sword.fool

What a wonderful idea for a spread! Very proactive and I'm sure very insightful when used. I'm still learning and familiarizing myself with the cards, but I love checking out new spreads for future readings. Thank you very much for sharing :)

rwcarter

I got great results with the modified spread and the feedback was that the reading was "detailed and insightful."

Rodney