Analyzing the Moon card: so many layers

Laurelle

You guys are depressing...... every obstacle in life is an opportunity to learn a valuable lesson.

Anyway, my sun is cancer and my moon is pisces and I utilize them both to my advantage. Furthermore the moon is my shadow birth card and the hermit is my card when reduced.

I use my tears to write about my experiences....renaming characters and adding more elements of drama.....

I use my emotions in order to see the future which has helped me in my life to avoid bad people and bad experience and to guide the planet by taking up causes in Washington which I know the outcomes too.

I don't know about this 12th house placement but I'm 100 percent sure if you have the moon in your chart you can utilize this to better yourself and the planet and the people around you.

tarot_quest

You guys are depressing...... every obstacle in life is an opportunity to learn a valuable lesson.

Anyway, my sun is cancer and my moon is pisces and I utilize them both to my advantage. Furthermore the moon is my shadow birth card and the hermit is my card when reduced.

I use my tears to write about my experiences....renaming characters and adding more elements of drama.....

I use my emotions in order to see the future which has helped me in my life to avoid bad people and bad experience and to guide the planet by taking up causes in Washington which I know the outcomes too.

I don't know about this 12th house placement but I'm 100 percent sure if you have the moon in your chart you can utilize this to better yourself and the planet and the people around you.

I agree here. I know that we are a bit out of topic (this should go in ''talking tarot'') but EVERYONE face challenges in life, whether or not we have planets in the 12th house.

These challenges are opportunities for self growth. As Laurelle said, sensitivity can be used to our advantage. I do oil painting to express my emotions (and guitar). The point is, every type of energy can be used in a constructive way. Moreover, every time that a I encounter a difficult situation, even if I find it unfair while it is happening, I know that it makes me become a more compassionate person and I will be more equipped to give advice to other people, if they need some.

Ruby Jewel

Like I was told once by an old black seer...."don't you know it takes all kinds of people to make a world?" I have never forgotten that admonition. It doesn't help someone else to tell them how strong I am...nor expect them to stand up and shake it off. I feel this person's experience comes pretty close to what I find depicts the "essence" of what the Moon card represents. Of course, it helps to be able to bring astrology to bear on the tarot. Electromagnetic energy of astrology is quite real...I never underestimate it. If you have never watched a person with a full "fixed cross" (no outs) in their chart go down....you might doubt. I don't. The Moon card speaks to me of such tragedies.

Absynthe

Like I was told once by an old black seer...."don't you know it takes all kinds of people to make a world?" I have never forgotten that admonition. It doesn't help someone else to tell them how strong I am...nor expect them to stand up and shake it off. I feel this person's experience comes pretty close to what I find depicts the "essence" of what the Moon card represents. Of course, it helps to be able to bring astrology to bear on the tarot. Electromagnetic energy of astrology is quite real...I never underestimate it. If you have never watched a person with a full "fixed cross" (no outs) in their chart go down....you might doubt. I don't. The Moon card speaks to me of such tragedies.

Thank you. I don't think it's fair for someone to chide me based on the standards they hold for themselves in their own lives. In any case my comments in this thread pertain to my current situation as it pertains to the moon. It's not indicative of the entirety of my life. I am allowed to feel how I feel about it, without someone lecturing me.

Back to the Moon card. My current process is taking me through the full gamut of emotion on this one. There are moments of clarity, moments of great confusion. When you begin ripping out the false beliefs of your life by the roots the perceptual shifts it creates can be very unsettling. It makes you question your every decision, there is no longer any certainty any knowns in your life. That is the Moon experience depicted by the card.

Ruby Jewel

Thank you. I don't think it's fair for someone to chide me based on the standards they hold for themselves in their own lives. In any case my comments in this thread pertain to my current situation as it pertains to the moon. It's not indicative of the entirety of my life. I am allowed to feel how I feel about it, without someone lecturing me.

Back to the Moon card. My current process is taking me through the full gamut of emotion on this one. There are moments of clarity, moments of great confusion. When you begin ripping out the false beliefs of your life by the roots the perceptual shifts it creates can be very unsettling. It makes you question your every decision, there is no longer any certainty any knowns in your life. That is the Moon experience depicted by the card.

I really love to see the High Priestess, who is the lower vibration of the Moon card, show up in a reading along with the Moon card. As far as I know, Her advice shows the only way out of the mental confusion as seen in the Moon card: be still. In other words, stop the mind. Your thinking is circular, and you have to break it's self-perpetuating motion. Your mind is likened to the "howling wolves" in the Moon card....uncontrolled and incoherent. It circumvents the "synapses" of the rational mind and acquires a life of its own. That is the nature of psychic energy as clarified for us by Esther Harding, along with Karen Horney, both students of C.G. Jung. You may ask, "how do I stop the mind." You stop the mind by changing it's focus. Learn to focus on the breath. Learn to meditate.

Absynthe

I really love to see the High Priestess, who is the lower vibration of the Moon card, show up in a reading along with the Moon card. As far as I know, Her advice shows the only way out of the mental confusion as seen in the Moon card: be still. In other words, stop the mind. Your thinking is circular, and you have to break it's self-perpetuating motion. Your mind is likened to the "howling wolves" in the Moon card....uncontrolled and incoherent. It circumvents the "synapses" of the rational mind and acquires a life of its own. That is the nature of psychic energy as clarified for us by Esther Harding, along with Karen Horney, both students of C.G. Jung. You may ask, "how do I stop the mind." You stop the mind by changing it's focus. Learn to focus on the breath. Learn to meditate.

Actually I already meditate 1-2hrs per day, sitting meditation. Plus I do another hour a day of moving meditation in yoga. The therapy I'm currently engaged in is the sitting meditation where you have to feel the physical sensations of the body without telling a story about it. Sounds simple but is actually profound. It's what's enabled all the physical symptoms of PTSD to subside so quickly. I'm being taught not to suppress my negative emotion but to feel it, in a very real way and allow it to be. That is the way to heal it.

Ruby Jewel

Actually I already meditate 1-2hrs per day, sitting meditation. Plus I do another hour a day of moving meditation in yoga. The therapy I'm currently engaged in is the sitting meditation where you have to feel the physical sensations of the body without telling a story about it. Sounds simple but is actually profound. It's what's enabled all the physical symptoms of PTSD to subside so quickly. I'm being taught not to suppress my negative emotion but to feel it, in a very real way and allow it to be. That is the way to heal it.

I see you are on the path to changing the situation. Maybe that is the same path that leads through the two towers in Card 18, The Moon, to Card 19, The Sun. Congratulations for finding it.

Laura Borealis

What puzzles me on the moon card are the 2 towers, do they refer to the columns in the high priestess card?

There's definitely a visual similarity there, right? There's that idea of something hidden, glimpsed beyond the veil, or that unexplored, unknown land beyond the towers. Yeah, I think they could refer to the HP's columns, depending on the reading.

For me those towers have always evoked the Gates of Ivory and of Horn that were spoken of by the ancients (as in Homer's Odyssey, and in Plato, Virgil, etc.) These gates were associated with sleep and dreaming - false dreams pass through the Gate of Ivory, and true dreams through the Gate of Horn. The whole concept is a pun or play on words in Greek, as the word for ivory is close to the word for deceive, and the word for horn is similar to the word for fulfill.

I don't know if that's what the artists of the early Tarot decks had in mind, but it's a useful association for the Moon, which is such a tricksy card. Intuitive flash of insight or deceptive illusion? Which gate did you pass through? Hard to say under the watery light of the Moon.