What has been your experience with the pentacles as timing??

calichick1985

So, I'm not very handy when it comes to tarot and timing.
I keep rec'g a pentacles card when asking about timing in a situation.

I've read that it could mean 6 months, 6 years, or December (winter)...cuz it's a slow dang card.

What has the pentacles meant to you in regards to timing?

rwcarter

Pentacles are often seen as the slowest moving of the suits, so most systems I've seen have ascribed years to Pentacles.

Rodney

Laurelle

I have to agree with Rodney, that they generally mean years.

The golden dawn have their own timing method, which divides all the cards into astrologically decans. What was the card?

I listed all the timing portions from the golden dawn on my website. For instance 6 of Pentacles is Taurus (Moon in Taurus) and falls between the second decan from May 1 to the 10th...

So people use those decans as a timing method.

elena_jaymz

Hi, I'd say pentacles refer to years, but in timing I rather look at the story in the cards and go for interpretations like: "this event will take place only after a specific other event will have happened" or "this event will occur only when you'll have solved a specific problem/your block" ecc.

Grizabella

Hi, I'd say pentacles refer to years, but in timing I rather look at the story in the cards and go for interpretations like: "this event will take place only after a specific other event will have happened" or "this event will occur only when you'll have solved a specific problem/your block" ecc.

Timing with Tarot---or for that matter any card method of divining---is hard to pin down unless you have a preset formula. Saying "once this has happened" is an excellent way of telling timing because so often, it does depend on how soon or how late we've resolved other issues in our lives.

nisaba

Timing with Tarot---or for that matter any card method of divining---is hard to pin down unless you have a preset formula.

Like mine. There's no point at all to pulling a "timing card" if before you pull if you don't have a method for interpreting any of 78 cards that might come up, that works to give you a time-scale for all of them. you need to know that method, and how it works, before you pull the card, for the Tarot dck to respond by providing a meaningful, relevant card.

re-pete-a

To me Pentacles indicated Winter...each pip a week of the season.

That's as long range as I can go...

elena_jaymz

Timing with Tarot---or for that matter any card method of divining---is hard to pin down unless you have a preset formula. Saying "once this has happened" is an excellent way of telling timing because so often, it does depend on how soon or how late we've resolved other issues in our lives.

Yes, I absolutely agree.

Puffette

So, I'm not very handy when it comes to tarot and timing.
I keep rec'g a pentacles card when asking about timing in a situation.

I've read that it could mean 6 months, 6 years, or December (winter)...cuz it's a slow dang card.

What has the pentacles meant to you in regards to timing?

Normally months and years. I hate receiving the pentacles as answer for timing because it shows a long and rusty process.

Barleywine

Automatically treating Pentacles as "years" (or even "months") doesn't always make sense within the context of the question, so I look at what is "reasonable" in light of the situation. If someone asks "How soon will I hear about my job application?" the only satisfactory estimate from a Pentacle card would be on the order of weeks or maybe a month or two. Anything beyond that might as well be translated as "never" (which is certainly within the realm of possibility and may in fact be the most accurate answer). I would simply tell the querent there is a delay in notification, so don't hold your breath. Come to think of it, "Don't hold your breath" is an entirely legitimate response too, without putting too fine a point on the timing. On the other hand, if a querent asks "I have Stage 4 cancer, how long will I live?" (I know, not an ethical question to answer, but hey, it's just an example), I would be all too happy to see the 10 of Pentacles as "years" but I might soft-peddle that optimism.

Bottom line: If you're in a "days-to-weeks" scenario and get a Pentacle, shift the scale accordingly to the outer limit of what's reasonable; if the fit still isn't perfect, hedge.