Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Grigori

Just wanted to check in before doing the work of creating the borders. Do you feel 3 inches by 4.75 inches is a good size? In millimeters this is 76x120.

Yup, I think perfect. My large Thoth with borders trimmed is 75x115, and is the perfect handling width for me. Sounds like your deck will be virtually identical in width, and very slightly longer. Love it, should get good details in the images and also good to hold at that size

Zephyros

The LWB in the Majors edition was nice and refreshing, as far as LWBs go, but what I found more interesting, with a nice added value, were all the little extras. They are what stood out and made the whole package even more special and unique. The Tree of Life card, the color explanations, the transparent film... small things, really, but nice touches that went beyond a simple LWB. I don't know what you're planning to include in the complete deck, if anything, but my point is that you've shown how to add that little touch of "oomph" whether there is an LWB or not.

As for the box, I think it depends. A secret wish for me would be to have a handsome companion wooden box like the one from the special edition. However, I know that was both expensive as well as difficult. I think that in a full deck the box matters less, as it is more meant to be used, rather than a Majors-only presentation piece. So ultimately I would be happy with anythimg.

rwcarter

If there is a companion book, no LWB is needed. A nice box would be nice, but people like me who know how to make boxes can make our own if the deck doesn't come in/with one. :)

SarahJoy

I prefer decks that come in boxes. It really bugs me when a deck doesn' include a box that physically fits the cards. ( The Llewelyn packagng doesn't count as a box.) I like the nicer boxes, but a tuck box is fine with me.

I have mixed feelings about LWBs.

Spiffo

Given how much I enjoy your Book of Seshet my vote would be for the book and bugger the LWB. As to a box - well I'm into finding/creating/buying a bag to keep my cards in so I'm not so worried. Mind you if it was a special box that would be different. I really like the Mini Rosetta Tin so not sure if something like that is an option. I guess it all comes down to cost and the labour at your end. You know it's the cards that matter. The accoutrement although nice is just the window dressing.

Continued good luck to you on this important work.

X

truelighth

I keep all my decks in boxes. And if I don't get the deck with a box, then I will make one myself (or occasionally some kind of cardboard wrapping that is like a slide box or so). But having said that, I would buy your deck no matter if it came in a box or not.

garmonbozia

Box - yes.
LWB - no, especially not necessary if there is a companion book.

earthair

Am I the only one who likes boxes and lwbs?! :neutral: Because it keeps everything neat and tidy! I'm fed up with having my decks in one place and accompanying books scattered about somewhere else in the house according to size. In a perfect world, I'd like all decks to come with a substantial book which is exactly the same size as the cards. :cool2:
My favourite box/book combo is Japaridze. If it was box/lwb combo, then something like Prisma Visions or Tarot of Dreams 2nd ed with the magnetic close.

Babalon Jones

Am I the only one who likes boxes and lwbs?! :neutral: Because it keeps everything neat and tidy! I'm fed up with having my decks in one place and accompanying books scattered about somewhere else in the house according to size. In a perfect world, I'd like all decks to come with a substantial book which is exactly the same size as the cards. :cool2:
My favourite box/book combo is Japaridze. If it was box/lwb combo, then something like Prisma Visions or Tarot of Dreams 2nd ed with the magnetic close.

I like boxes and LWBs :thumbsup:
And I already thought of making the book small but thick like the size of a deck, but it might be too hard to handle as I have enough material that it would have to be like a brick to not shrink the font!

earthair

I like boxes and LWBs :thumbsup:
And I already thought of making the book small but thick like the size of a deck, but it might be too hard to handle as I have enough material that it would have to be like a brick to not shrink the font!

Bind it in 2 smaller 'volumes'?