Madenié tarot review in ipcs publication

Yves Le Marseillais

Marseilles Tuesday 011th June 2013

Hello happy collectioners and forumers,

Member of I.P.C.S (International Playing-Card Society), I am pleased to shows you a review from my facsimile of Pierre Madenié Tarot who was issued in Apr.-June 2012 Volume 40, No. 4.
Written by Mr Thierry Depaulis I.P.C.S Chairman and Playing cards expert.

For your information this worldwide Society will held his annual Convention in La Tour-de-Peilz Switzerland beside Lake Leman. >From 20-22 September 2013.

During this event, an exhibition on Tarot ("Jeu et Divination: Le Tarot révélé") will be unveiled at Musée Suisse du Jeu (Swiss Museum of Game).

Rare Tarot decks and moulds will be exposed and specific documents re Tarot will be issued and exposed.

Here is I.P.C.S Web site:
www.i-p-c-s.org

Feel free to join participants and see you here !!

Salutations from Marseilles City

Yves

PS: I had to "fight" with my computer (and my low knowledge in electronic...) for this scans: Hope it is ok ? :))

Attachments

• Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Resize Wizard-2.jpg
    Resize Wizard-2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 132

delizt

congratulations, Yves!! This deck is so lovely

BSwett

Mine is on it's way! Probably traversing half the planet as i write this!
:)
:))

Very excited!!

Sherryl

Congratulations on the review by Depaulis. This deck is one of the few in my collection that makes me shiver (in a good way) when I open the box.

Inconnu

Interesting review, but...it describes your Madenié as a type I. Is this correct? As I associate the type I with the different imagery in the Lovers (VI), Moon (XVIII) & World (XXI).

It seems to me the Madenié is actually a type II Marseilles.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I hold this pack among my favorite things. It is so well presented with the care taken, but I don't want to make a technical mistake.

Yves Le Marseillais

Type II Tarot

Interesting review, but...it describes your Madenié as a type I. Is this correct? As I associate the type I with the different imagery in the Lovers (VI), Moon (XVIII) & World (XXI).

It seems to me the Madenié is actually a type II Marseilles.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I hold this pack among my favourite things. It is so well presented with the care taken, but I don't want to make a technical mistake.

Hello Inconnu,

You are fully right: It was a mistake made in I.P.C.S Volume. I did rectify it in my Newsletter but should have said this here too.

Pierre Madenié deck is definitely a Tarot of Marseilles Type II.

Never forget anyway that history informs us that Type I and Type II Tarot decks was published in same period.
Then Type II "win the match".
Same for Tarot of Marseilles pattern and Tarot of Besancon Pattern: Same card maker was equally creating this two different models.

All this variety was only depending of commercial choices, various demands from customers, and has nothing to see with religions, interdictions and so on....
Card makers were (still are) only willing to sell their production.

Collectioners likes this variety.... as me

Salutations from Hot Marseilles City

Yves