What would be the best spread?

Sirena84

Hello
I need some advice for what would be the best type of spread for reading on my situation.I like to do a reading before I go home next week. I am going home next week for a visit and most likely going to see the man I had something with up until recently but he suddenly send me a message saying that best not to get together again as he is not in a right place and not fair to mess me about... I know he had great affection towards me in the past but I am confused now. I know for sure I will see him next Saturday in a friends party and also thinking of dropping by at his house for cuppa and a chat before I return...As I am not moving back home permanently until summer.. I really like this person but also if it comes to it I am open to letting go... However I am confused as to why he sent me that message.. whether he was truthful about his state of mind or whether he has met someone else and he just made excuses.. also I like to know what happens when I go home.. Too many questions..
So here is my question, what tarot spread do you think will best answer my questions or do I need to do separate readings?

Many thanks

thirdlibra

Well, I think the best thing would be to make a spread. Just figure out the questions that are important - Why did he send the message? What is the reason blocking him from wanting to see you? What will come from following his request? What will come of forcing him to see you? (I'd pull 2 cards for each of those last questions - one for how it may affect you, and one for how it'll affect him) and an overall outcome or advice card.

You might also consider getting someone else to read for you, so your emotional state doesn't affect the reading.

Sirena84

Many thanks.. This is very helpful. Unfortunately I don't know many people who is into tarot reading and for this reason this forum is great.. But I know I am too involved and to be honest my own feelings are all over the place in this situation..I will have a stab at doing a reading myself and then will share here to get some fresh perspective... Many thanks again :D

Sirena84

Many thanks for your helpful suggestions...

you are right lefty.. To be honest I was going to gauge the situation in the party and then based on that going to decide whether to pop over for a chat at his house.. I know that we need to talk before I come back, and I was just thinking parties are not really the best place for deep and emotional conversations.. There will be alcohol for sure :) and I doubt emotional deep conversation and alcohol are the best match and that why I thought to pop over to see him a day during the week after the party..
But yes I think I like to look into how best to conduct myself and what to expect when I see him at the party... There are going to be so many people that I have not seen in a long while so he won't be ruling my evening thank god... :D I also have other admirers that are going to go to that party and in a way I don't to be seen flirting with others in front of him but if he is really over me then I don't want to miss opportunities either.. Its a tough call as I really like him but at the same need to be open and realistic.. I will try one of the readings or maybe I come up with a spread that is a modification or combination of two that would best suit me.. many many thanks to you both again :) x