Houses in a T-Square opposition

Ophiel

I have a question about the houses involved in a T-Square. Since my question is 'general,' there is no need for me to supply the actual birth data for this chart. I'm asking more HOW you deal with it than the particulars of this chart.

The native has a Cardinal T-Square, and one of the planets is near the Nadir, within two degrees of the 4th house cusp. The other planet opposing it is in the 10th house. This makes for a 10th-3rd house opposition. Two tightly-conjunct planets squaring this opposition are in the 6th house, in an intercepted sign.

In GENERAL terms, how does such a configuration differ from how one would view a 'normal' (?) T-Square, set in opposite houses, etc.

I do not have permission from my friend to post the birth data, so a general response must suffice.

Minderwiz

I would treat the planet as being fourth House!

It's a fairly traditional approach to treat any planet within five degrees of the next house cusp as belonging to that House - therefore this would be a tenth/fourth opposition to me.

I would also want the T Square planets to all be in Cardinal (or fixed or mutable signs) out of sign aspects weaken the power of the aspects - indeed ancient astrologers would not have treated two planets 181 degrees one in, say, 29, 30 Virgo and the other in 0, 30 Aries as being in opposition at all.

If you get a situation where the opposition is in the 'correct' signs and still produces a 10/3 type opposition then you simply treat it as a conflict between affairs of career and social status and affairs of the rational mind, communication, neighbours or siblings. For example the person may be ill suited to their career because the job requires a different mental approach than the one they bring to it. Or they are putting their career ahead of their obligations to their siblings, or they are having difficulty communicating sufficiently well within their career role.

Incidentally it is more interesting to look at the 'missing planet' the opposition point to the apex of the T Square which in your friend's case would be either near the seventh House cusp or the first House cusp depending on where the third planet in the T Square lies.

Ophiel

Thanks for the info. The opposition is true, Cancer - Capricorn, squared by two planets in Libra. I wonder if the fact that the chart has Aries-Libra intercepted, that caused the true opposition to land in houses 3 - 10?

Yes, I am familiar with T-Squares on a first hand basis and know the importance of the missing leg of the configuration, and in fact, realize that any commotion at that point can fire up the whole T-Square and make it function more like a Grand Cross.

Ophiel

I know years ago there was a Tracy Marks book on the lovely T-Square, and surely by now there is more. I take that back...at least amazon.com (U.S.) only lists that, and it is out of print...no, wait...just renamed to: "PLANETARY ASPECTS, From Conflict to Resolution."

I just say, T-Square and Yods are quite fascinating configurations. My interest in T-Squares is personal, and I'm not a draftsman! LOL. I have a basic understanding of how they work, how the missing leg of the cross is really a sensitive point and that any transits or progressions aspecting that point will electrify the entire Grand Cross. I really need to get out my pen, paper, eraser and calculator (translated today to my astrology program!) and do some research on myself in this regards. My own configuration is Cardinal, which might explain why I'm always starting projects, but not ....

Maybe during times that missing leg was patched with a transit/progression, my energy circuit has been more complete? I'll have to find out.

If any of you have done research of your own on the T-Square, and have any insights, please post comments.