Hello out there!

blackroseivy

Glad to be in the forums again! Just wanted to mention that I'm working on a new website. One of my features will be Tarot reviews. I plan on reviewing books on Tarot and also books that come with decks as a set. I have something like 38 books to read and review so I have my work cut out for me! I'll be very busy for quite a while. My favorite book of all time is The Tarot: History, Symbolism and Divination by Robert Place. My oldest book on Tarot is The Tarot: The Origins, Meaning and Uses of the Cards by Alfred Douglas. Does anyone here know that one? My copy is crumbling and held together with tape. I was very influenced by that one when I was younger. I appreciate his take on the cards with Jungian depth psychology, but his history isn't as thorough as Place's.

Once I get through all these books I'll be quite an expert!

ram

Your website sounds great! I have the Robert Place book, but have only skimmed through it. I'll definitely be taking a closer look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackroseivy

Your website sounds great! I have the Robert Place book, but have only skimmed through it. I'll definitely be taking a closer look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely do so, you won't regret it! The Alfred Douglas book is out of print of course but I'm sure it's available used. Interesting interpretations.

Cocobird55

The Robert Place book is one of my favorites.

blackroseivy

Oh happy to see this! If you haven't read the Place book, I urge you to do so. It's miles ahead of the Douglas book in a lot of ways. Having said that I will add that I was strongly influenced by the Douglas book when I was younger.