Jupiter Enters Leo, 8/1/02

AquarianGoddess

On August 1, 2002, the largest planet in the solar system, Jupiter, enters the sign of Leo and remains in the theatrical sign until August 26, 2003. Everybody is a star when Jupiter is in Leo!

Jupiter rules optimism, beliefs, religion, morals, truths, good luck, learning, teaching, discovery, exploration, expansion, travel, growth, sports, foreigners, foreign lands and abundance. On the other side is, extravagance, over indulgence, excess, greed, taking too much for granted, being gullible and foolhardy. Jupiter is very often tooted as the Big Cosmic Santa Claus and although that may be true some of the time, it's never a given.

Last year when Jupiter was in Cancer and conjunct the Sun of the USA chart (July 4, 1776), we certainly witnessed a behemoth (Jupiter) resurgence of patriotism and family (Cancer) in the USA precipitated by the events of September 11th. Many industries suffered financially post 9/11, especially the travel industry (Jupiter in Cancer, people wanted to stay close to home and family). Jupiter in Leo should bring a boost to the travel industry, although not as robust as it was pre 9/11. The entertainment, jewelry, cosmetics/hair products, cosmetic surgery and yachting industries should be bolstered during the next year, as well as anything related to creativity and children.

On a personal level, entertaining is in, the more grandiose, the better…having a big (Jupiter) heart (Leo) is in…wearing all of your diamonds and gold to the supermarket is in…looking at yourself in the mirror a hundred times a day is in (and don't worry, you won't be the only one doing that)…driving a fancy car to get yourself "noticed" is in…being charismatic is very in…

On a more serious note, we're propelled by our beliefs (Jupiter) and each year when Jupiter enters a new sign is an optimal time to reevaluate your beliefs to ascertain if they are working for your highest good and if they're not, it's time for a "belief makeover".

As Jupiter visits a house in your chart, it brings opportunities for learning connected to that house, either through people you will meet, travel, studies, or all of the above. As an example, if Jupiter is transiting your 3rd house, you may finally meet some of your neighbors; with a 9th house transit you may decide to investigate other religions, or take a college class; a 4th house transit may find you refurbishing your home and meeting lots of home remodelers'; a 12th house Jupiter visit may find you spending much time alone, tending to your spirituality and inner growth; a 2nd house transit is usually associated with more income but also more spending. Jupiter spends approximately one year in a house.

Jupiter contacting a planet or angle also is associated with growth, learning, possible prosperity, etc., pertinent to the planet being contacted. Jupiter to planet transits last for about ten days (unless it stations on or near that degree, then it's a longer amount of time.)

Here's to Jupiter bringing all good things into your life!

AG

SeaLioness

AG-
That's a lot of great information. I am a Cancer, with Leo rising, and the past year I have experienced both the 1st and 12th House influences of Jupiter. I have jumped head-first into study of the occult, something I haven't ever really had an interest in. I have also spent a great deal of time alone and have even gained a little weight! This year, I hope to experience more of the 2nd House effects.

BTW, I am looking for a really good astrology correspondence course, since I can't find any schools in my area. I have a retrograde Saturn in my 8th house, which is Pisces, and think I may enjoy becoming a certified astrologer. I do have a long way to go, though. Have you heard of any?

PurpleGoddess

good work

AG
as usual you're a wealth of information! i've just finished my associates degree in general studies and have been floundering of what school to go to and what major! and it's been a drawn out process until my cousin has been encouraging me to let go of the intellectual side and find the creative side. i think this is a good decision because it looks like jupiter is in favor of this. i'm looking into taking beginning photography classes and buying a completely manual camera to take this class. it's always been on the back burner because of one thing or another. i'm free come sept 1st for anything i want to do. and this may be the pathway to healing past pain and forging a new career where i can be creative in making my statement.

i too have jumped into learning all i can about tarot and wicca within the passed 6 months. not just dabbling but really trying to practice what i read! i even go to a wiccan shop when i need something like healing or guidance.

blesse be to all!
:TQC

AquarianGoddess

Hi Sealioness and a big welcome to the forum.

What degree is your Leo rising? Tomorrow, 8/1, Jupiter will be at zero Leo, so it hasn't yet reached your first house. You're still experiencing the ethereal 12th house Jupiter effects.

The American Federation of Astrologers offers a correspondence course. I've never used it, therefore, can't give you a first-hand assessment. You can search for them on the web.

Some private astrologers also offer correspondence courses; Noel Tyl is one, but be forewarned, his is VERY expensive....www.noeltyl.com

You may also want to check out...www.mountainastrologer.com
and search for their article on just this subject. Additionally, you may want to pose this question on their message board.

Best wishes and if I can be of any assistance, please ask.

In Light,
AG

AquarianGoddess

PG,

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a wonderful achievement! Be proud of yourself, that was a lot of hard work and you succeeded.

Pursuing creativity....I like the way that sounds. If YOU feel it's the right avenue for you to take, then go for it! You'll never know until you try it.

In Light,
AG

SeaLioness

Thank you for the info. My Leo is 9 degrees, so I guess I have to wait awhile longer. I will do some more research on the sites you mentioned.

SeaLioness

PurpleGoddess:

I have been studying the craft for past 6 months as well. It is amazing how much more balanced my life is becoming and how much more I appreciate things like nature and meditation. I am much better equipped to handle my Cancer mood swings!

PurpleGoddess

SeaLioness,
I'm slowly feeling the balance and the intuitive energy that i know is inside me. I'm more aware of the feelings of other people and my actions. So i'm trying to practice the wiccan laws, it's tough because i was raised as a lutheran and never really felt right going to church. my friend is trying to make me make an appearance because they're starting to worry about me...when my phone number hasn't changed they can reach out. i'm reaching inward to learn more about the wicca inside me.

the craft is easy. i need to practice more in meditation and concentration for visualizations. my spells are rough, can't ryhm. but then again, it's progress not perfection it's the pure intent that counts.

peace