Point of happines???

Tor

I don't know the right english word, but in my country some astrologers use the "point of happines".

I have never used it, but I know it's in Aries in 12. house in my chart.

I also know that it's calculated by the formula Asc + moon - sun.

Anyone have experiences with this point? How important is it?

AquarianGoddess

Balder,

I use several "points", but never even heard of that one! I will have to give it a try.

AG

Minderwiz

Its one of the so-called Arabic Parts you add the longitudinal position of Uranus to the Ascendant and then subtract the longitudinal position of Jupiter. Some Astrologers would therefore call it a Part of Jupiter. It is a point (not a planet) in your horoscope. It can therefore only receive aspects, not make them.

Most modern Astrologers don't use the Arabic Parts, or to be more precise will only use the Part of Fortune (Fortuna) and its night time equivalent the Part of Spirit.

I called them 'so called' Arabic Parts, because they (or at least many of them) date back to Greek or Egyptian times. Personally I feel that their additional value to a horoscope reading is quite small and there is a danger of having so many points to take into consideration that confusion reigns.

Horary Astrologers would perhaps make more use but then only if there was a very good reason for including a particular point.

The simplest interpretation of the point is to say that where it lies by sign and house will give you some indication of what makes you happy. But on its own its a very minor bit of the overall assessment.

Minderwiz

Tor

I was even more curious now, and have been doing some research. I found an article about Part of Fortune, and will translate and bring it here soon.

I also found out that it gives me some good advices in my horoscope, and a friend I calculated it for, was glad to hear what i said.

I'll be back with more info

Tor

Thank you!

I'll check them out one day. I've also written down the books