Marseilles Seekers Thread (Fifth Exercise)

EnriqueEnriquez

lark said:
I think at first we are seeing general information, and as we enter deeper into the experience of the reading and interacting with the client then the cards start to flesh out...at first they are just the bones of an inkling of where we are going...and then the story starts pouring out.

Beautifully put!

lark said:
Once I did do a reading for a lady and I saw that she was a lion tamer (Cat Black's Golden Tarot~ Strength card)......well I hesitated 6 times before I said anything, but I kept getting pulled back over and over to how the lion had it's paw resting on Strength's arm.

I finally blurted out "Do you have anything to do with lions?

And of course she did..she had trained and kept lions and tigers for over 30 years...so never underestimate the power of a lion poping up. ;)

:-D

That' what I meant. Some times you will find that you have to say it like you are seeing it. Only practice will give you that. There is something I have learned by practicing with the pendulum, and this is that there is a ‘right’ swing, and also an ‘empty’ swing. When you feel the right swing you know you are connecting with the pendulum, the rest of the time, it is just swinging in an empty way. Same thing happens with impressions and messages from the cards. You will feel when you have to voice something without filtering it, when craziness isn’t just empty craziness but ‘right craziness’.

EE

EnriqueEnriquez

lark said:
Flawless??? holy cow...and I came here ready to sell all my TdM decks and give up on the whole idea of reading with them...I have to say I can really not "thank you" enough for doing this six week study it has been more than eye opening for me.

I actually did a reading for a client with my Noblet and it was so easy and smooth and no one was more surprised than me....at one point in the reading I got the 10 of Cups next to the Emperor...and the Ten Cups looked like a bed with a pillow and the Emperor's red crossed knee stood out like a stop sign so I asked if anyone was having knee trouble or surgery and would be hospitalized or bed ridden?

It was his father and he was very worried he would not recover properly!!!!
I was so surprised!
The next card was the 4 of coins and it looked like a wheel chair to me...and that is where he is now....recovering very, very slowly and using a wheelchair.

Well, I am very happy you didn’t sell your decks!

Stories like yours make me ecstatic! That is what I consider the true magic of the Marseilles. Suddenly, it is all there, right at plain sight...

Best,

EE

EnriqueEnriquez

stella01904 said:
Here are a few, I hope to edit in more as the week goes on.

VIIII DENIERS......VI BATON.......CHEVALIER DESPEE
The flowers..........are cut...........making the sword a redundancy.

Or: "Don't send a swordsman to do a gardener's job." :D Do little or nothing. Things will work out on their own. Relax and read Lao Tzu. Very Tao.

VII COUPE...............LESTOILLE..........................IIII DENIERS
All the wine..............is poured on the ground.........creating balance & harmony.

These cards urge generosity and letting go. Donate money, give things away, make ritual offerings. Could also be an almost literal warning to maintain sobriety at an upcoming gathering, in order to avoid fighting!

FORCE............LE IVGEMENT.........LA LVNE
Prying open......a coffiin................to find pond water.

Digging into old secrets won't get you any information that couldn't be found out in the open.

I like these! They have a little bit of an I Ching feel. :)

Stella, yours are also beautiful. Those are great messages for great readings!

I am happy you noticed the similarity between this and the I Ching. Both share the idea of saying just enough. Obviously, we can’t always expect our clients to be content with one single line for a reading, but it is always good to let them fill the blanks a little. The human mind has a poietic capacity that is both constructive and expansive. A reading creates a great space for us to exercise that along with our clients.

It is very important for me to point out that the messages we usually get from the Marseille are very sharp, right to the point, just like the examples you are all sharing here. WE can then use a million words to talk about them, if we want, but the fact is that, just by glancing at the cards we know what is going on. Sangomas, the South African diviners, would call a divination a ‘diagnosis’. They will use their bones to tell what is wrong with a person. What we are doing here is very close to that. We look at three cards, and we have a diagnosis, a sharp statement about what is going on with the person. Even so, I always like to maintain a little metaphorical awareness, since what we see may be affecting the person at more than one level. After all, our word are always provisional.

Best,

EE

Satori

Cavalier De Baton-Offering a stick
La Justice-A woman filled with power and decisiveness
Roy De Coupe-A strong man with a big cup
II Coupe-two cups wait for the moment to be right

If you offer something to a busy woman who has more than she needs you may soon find yourself looking for another who isn't quite so occupied.
Valet De Baton-A boy measures his growth
4 Deniers-a mirror in an antique frame
VI Wands-character, strong structure

Maturity is measured more by inner strength and character than by a reflection in the mirror.

Hooked on TdM

VIII Baton-Le Toille-La Justice-III Coupe

Healing wounds, giving back to the earth, contemplating right and wrong, creating new life.

Making amends for a wrongdoing leads to re-evaluation of personal morals and opens a new chapter in life.

V Deniers-Le Toille-X Coupe-III Epee

Competing for a prize, a woman pours out her soul, once source fills all others, a connection is weakened.

Chasing after a material goal, a woman loses herself in the chase and becomes disconnected from her true self.

VIII Batons-II Batons-Ace Batons-VII Deniers

Standing behind a grave, confused at what direction to take, eureka moment, joining a group.

Suffering from a recent loss leaves one feeling isolated and lonely, which gives rise to a new perspective and results in reaching out to new social groups.

These are tons of fun! However I think the Stars are stalking me as I got it three times in a row!! Arggg! lol

Hooked

Hooked on TdM

Hooked on TdM said:
VIII Baton
Healing wounds,

Hehe, quoting myself here. I see what you mean EE! In exercise three, the 8 Batons was: Interweaving 8 poles for stabilization. Here it becomes a wound healing which is a form of stabilization! I didn't even realize that I was doing this until I read what you pointed out after I finished all my exercises! It's very subtle isn't it? I can also see this being echoed in my actual readings. Now that I have each pip placement in my head it just automatically became part of the meaning! Very cool stuff here EE!!!

:) Hooked

mosaica

I love it when the cards give you literalisms, so I'm finding it fun to create them! I'm enjoying being able to use the whole deck (majors included) for this exercise. Here are a few of my readings:

Death, Royne de Batons, Royne de Cups
"A fear that death will sweep away what you want to remember."
Metaphor for: Death cannot take away our memories.

Temperance, Le Pendu, Le Diable
"You feel suspended between going with the flow and being chained to the devil."
Metaphor for: You want to follow your beliefs, but you feel controlled by what others want from you.

Valet de Batons, Lover, Roy de Batons
"You're measuring yourself by your love relationships."
Metaphor for: You're not appreciating yourself for who you are, and need proof that you are worthy.

Emperor, Le Soleil, Valet d'Espee
"A father reconciles with his son."
Metaphor for: You need to get some issues out in the open with your son.

Four d'Espee, Five de Coupes, Seven Batons
"Open the bottle, fill the cups, give a toast."
Metaphor for: Celebrating something with others.

Five de Deniers, Two de Batons, Roy de Deniers
"An inheritance is kept from a man."
Metaphor for: Your family cuts you off.

Ace d'espees, Eight de Deniers, Nine d'espees
"An opening comes by money: victory."
Metaphor for: You are able to buy your way out.

Valet de Deniers, Four de Deniers, Chevalier de Batons
"A boy achieves financial security and is ready to leave home."
Metaphor for: Growing up and becoming financially responsible.

mosaica

lark said:
Flawless??? holy cow...and I came here ready to sell all my TdM decks and give up on the whole idea of reading with them...

I'm ready to sell or trade most of my non-TdM decks. :) I've been getting rid of a lot of my tarot books because I feel like I've grown beyond them.

Bernice

2nd. attempt. Noblet:

8 Wands - Fishtails - deepsea - whales

Valet Cups - Expoloration. He's looking intently at the covered cup.

10 Cups - One of those finishing-poles used for fancy widow dressing.

a) Something hidden, or which needs to be deeply searched for.
b) Is being searched for.
c) And it will either be found, or there will be a satisfactory conclusion.

Bee

Edit: had a thought. I think of whales as having huge memories, like a data-bank. So maybe that which is 'found' is forgotten memories - rather elaborate ones.... hmmmm

SilentBreeze

another quick one this morning;

8 wands/ valet de denier/ 8 coins
After sitting around in his hammock
he gets up
and goes to work