*tapping my fingers until the two A's get here*

key- opener, device, passageway, directory, manual, code book
~musically: tone, pitch, timbre

ritual- rite, exercise, public worship

word- symbol, sign, oath, mandate

Grigori

cardlady22 said:
ritual- rite, exercise, public worship

I wonder what ritual we're talking about here. Given the previous lines and general gist of the book so far, we could be talking about the HGA (Abramelin) ritual, meeting the god within.

Or could it be a specific Thelemic ritual? I only know the general ones, Star Ruby, Star Sapphire, Liber Resh. I don't know if any of those really fit.

Its hard to say what counts as a secret word anymore, given that Crowley liked to blab all the secrets so everyone could have them :laugh: The "key words" I can think of would be:

ABRAHADABRA, which represents the union of 5 (vowels in the word and the number of the material world, the pentagram) and 6 (thge consonants, the number of the divine and the hexagram). The number for this one would be 418.

LA (meaning Not) the opposite of AL (the god name) which is apparently the secret key to the book of Law discovered by Frater Achad, Crowley magical heir. I know the number of AL in gematria is 31 and that that is part of the key, but I don't know enough about gematria to know how to apply that.

cardlady22

I had been thinking about the 6 consonants. I wasn't sure what to do about the vowel sounds since they aren't normally counted. Is each one a different phonetic equivalent? Could each be intoned in such a way as to make the word a song?

They work into interesting pairs as well:
B house of prayer
R head (bowed); beginning

H giving one's self
D door (entering- by choice?)

B relationship
R clarifying

Grigori

A - aleph - 1
B - beth - 2
R - resh - 200
A - aleph - 1
H - heh - 5
A - aleph - 1
D - daleth - 4
A - aleph - 1
B - beth - 2
R - resh - 200
A - aleph - 1

TOTAL = 418

Or as it appears on the Chariot card: ABRACADABRA (422?)
Though the Chariot card is attributed to Cheth (the C in ABRACADABRA) and Cheth can be pronounced as a H sounds, as in ABRAHADABRA.

Cheth spelt out in full is ChYT (cheth-yod-tau, 8+10+400) which = 418.

Grigori

ABRAHADABRA

Cause I find color helpful :D

I've also just noticed this makes the middle syllable Had, or Hadit our centre point. :thumbsup:

Always Wondering

:thumbsup: Similia.

You guys make Geratria seem fun. But when I read about it I get so bored. I guess I should just sit down with a pencil and start playing.

Cheth could be a wall, a womb or a fortress. It surrounds sacred life. I am getting the feeling of conception with verse 20. I'm not sure about a singular ritual, except for the obvious needed for conception. I guess it could mean all ritual. I am liking Horus for the key. To uphold my own conception theory, of course. :laugh:

AW

cardlady22

Does 10 (HAD) or 204 (ABRA) have any interesting correspondences?

cardlady22

AW, that was post 418 for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always Wondering

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I would have never noticed cardlady. Thanks.

Maybe there is something in Gematria for me after all.

I'm going to find a pencil.

AW

Oh shoot, now I went and posted again, and changed it. :laugh: