The Jean Dodal deck: High resolution scans

Moonbow

Thank you for the scans eltarot78 and welcome. I see you are a 'lurker but not poster' for the last year.

Nice spot Lark! He's a cheat!

Bernice

LE BATELEVR = at last, visual proof that he's a flim-flam man!

Eat your heart out Mr Waite, this magician is a fraud (...joke....)

Bee :)

eltarot78

Moonbow* said:
Thank you for the scans eltarot78 and welcome.

Thank Moonbow.
see you are a 'lurker but not poster' for the last year.

My english is very bad, so I just read and not posting, does that mean Lurker? that the translator did not translate it.

spot Lark! He's a cheat!

Yes, he is the trickster.

lark

Yup Mister Trickster, I just checked and now I can see it on my original Dodal too.
Now I'll have to pull all my decks out tonight and see what goes on here with the Magician...very cool!

eltarot78

For that the taste to the TDM has taken him, the Dodal is exquisite, this plenty of subtilities.
One of the details that but I like, like the Noblet, is the spaces that have been left in target/white or the color of the bottom of the card (hands, faces, etc). Those spaces are in target, challenging us fill them with our imagination;)

prudence

eltarot, your english is very good and your restoration is beautiful!! Please feel free to speak up, we love all of the voices that come to speak about tarot, and we are all good at filling in spaces where words may be lost or not clear. You speak very clearly, and what is not clear we can figure out on our own..

"Lurker" means someone who reads the posts in a forum but does not say much, they stay "quiet" mostly. Please don't stay quiet!

Your restoration is really well done!!

eltarot78

Hello Prudence, thank you very much for your warm receiving and clarifying to me the doubt on that word that left my head spinning, now the thread for me has its coherence. Like a most of us here, the Tarot, accompany me by practically all the life, and to study it in serious form from my 28 years old, bah, serious, just my 32 it leads me the TDM (and its undeniable that TDM is the Tarot by excellence).
Lamentably they have had to me of LURKER:) since most of the times it passes administering it an Spanish forum in [forum removed by moderator] and participating in active form in [forum removed by moderator] [EDIT by order of Mrs. co-moderator]
Well, now regarding what it brings to me, the work of MONSIEUR DODAL :

Like all of us who study the TdM, once we learn to see, to perceive and to enjoy the subtle differences by decks comparisons, Dodal was the one who catched all my attention, affection and respect, simply I fall in love with it
As I knew to read in several post of others enamored with this deck, it is that they regretted the form of the bars where the name of the card and its tipography takes place, studying it and observing it but, not only I saw and found all a series of details that were omitted in but the recent recreation that is arranged in the market (nor to speak of the Cartamundi version).
The work in that I am involved is not easy, is to recover images in many cases extremely deteriorated, by the time passed by and the original blocks as you surely know are very deteriorated,and lines broken details simply disappeared, the own deterioration thanks for the greasiness of the artisan hands (read carbon 14) .

Well Prudence the truth is thats gives to much pleasure to work sometimes as too much as 20 hours each day in contact with each one of these dear arcane friends/to be able to recover by repairing the true outlines that Dodal crystallized.

If someone of you don´t see yet the files, i post some cards to see what is all about my friends.

eltarot78

La Pances

An exquisite detail found in the belly, is where the book ends as it merges with his costume, holding the book itself is, their lives and experiences.

Yves Le Marseillais

Colors changed when printed

eltarot78 said:
An exquisite detail found in the belly, is where the book ends as it merges with his costume, holding the book itself is, their lives and experiences.

Hello Eltarot,

When I printed your card Le Bateleur, strangely colors changed and green becamed ...blue, yellow becamed... pink.
Why ?

About La pances, what do you means by exquisite detail found ?
Partly hidden hand ?
Belly ????
Lines on book ?
Other things...

Otherwise, your deck is pleasant and sound fresh and new.

We will compare with next month coming soon Jean Claude Flornoy Dodal's industrial full deck version.

Anyway I do agree with your choice to locate colors only inside black lines and erasing all blinding off.

All Historical Tarot decks deserves modern restoration.
And I do choose Tarot de marseille Pattern of course: THE Real Thing finaly..

YLM

eltarot78

Hello Yves...
First of all it is a PROUD for me just you replied me.
I followed all your posts,and what can I say ...

Just nothing.
My mouth is closed ...

A friend of mine Eugim told me about your AMAZING KNOWLEDGE
he told me that you have the most and only achieved and exclusevely documents regarding TdM
He admires you too much.

I know he is somewhat " HARSH " BUT HE IS MY DEAR FRIEND that viking...

-Well Yves true point,if that you want,I can tell you how I work and how I arrived to my firts conclusions

Do you ?