Soprafino Tarot

Le Fanu

Debra said:
There's no reason to believe that the decks are sold "in order." I suspect they're thrown into boxes and onto shelves without the slightest regard for the numbering.
I agree, otherwise, I have to warn you all that a few months ago I got number 2,499 /2,500 of the Dotti.

So, in theory, the last one should have been sold by now...

Trevtrin

Soprafino

I bought my Soprafino a couple of months ago (worth the purchase). I have 1026 of 2000. So there are plenty left...

Le Fanu

Trevtrin said:
I bought my Soprafino a couple of months ago (worth the purchase). I have 1026 of 2000. So there are plenty left...
But they're not in order, that's what we've been saying. So many stockists; alida, Carte Karute (probably at some point in the past), direct from Osvaldo himself, Tarot Garden etc, The numbers will all be out of order now.

But it does seem to be the most bought Meneghello deck, so at some point it will be unavailable. Maybe that day is nearer than we think. However, Meneghello have been known to do reprints. They reprinted the Besançon.

gregory

Trevtrin said:
As Leffy says, that means nothing. I bought mine in 1993 and it's number 1665 of 2000 ! :D

Laura Borealis

Patrick Booker said:
Here is a review of the Soprafino by Mark Filipas:

http://www.spiritone.com/~mfilipas/Masquerade/Reviews/soprafin.html

This seems to suggest that some of the limited edition of 2000 are laminated.

Patrick

The lamination has been part of why I haven't pursued the Soprafino even though it is so very beautiful. I would hate to get one of the ones with lamination. (The cost is the other factor. And I have the Ancient Italian to tide me over until when/if I ever get a Meneghello one.)

Cactus Dahlia

Patrick Booker said:
Here is a review of the Soprafino by Mark Filipas:

http://www.spiritone.com/~mfilipas/Masquerade/Reviews/soprafin.html

This seems to suggest that some of the limited edition of 2000 are laminated.

Patrick
From the Mark Filipas review it seems that the American version in the box weren't laminated. I purchased mine from Alida and they have the wrap around box (mine has a white ribbon, not a black one) so from the review I suppose you could say I have the laminated version. Well, the lamination is very subtle, and has no impact on the cards at all, in my mind. One could be forgiven for thinking they weren't laminated!

Now I have the Universal Waite, by US Games Systems Inc which are beautiful cards ruined by lamination. They would be perfect for pub tarot on a beer swilled table :D

ETA - well almost!

Le Fanu

I got mine from alida and if it's a laminated one then really, it's as good as unlaminated. I certainly cannot detect it.

They say the one in the two-part lift off World box (not slide-out with ribbon tie) is the laminated one (which is the one I have), but honestly... This for me is firmly in the "unlaminated" pile.

Debra

I've seen a laminated Il Meneghello deck (can I remember which? no.) and it's definitely a thick shiny plastic sheet bonded to the card--not a light coat of varnish.

avalonian

Debra said:
I've seen a laminated Il Meneghello deck (can I remember which? no.) and it's definitely a thick shiny plastic sheet bonded to the card--not a light coat of varnish.

I have the Dotti and the Classico which both arrived laminated and yes, the lamination is extreme, to the extent of being shiny.

Have to confess to having felt rather disappointed after the joy of the Soprafino, but I console myself with the fact that they are extremely durable.

:) :) :)