How accurate are the yes/no spreads and which one are the best to use?

Reverie

I think they can be accurate sometimes. However I have had readings with that yes no spread again sometimes accurate other times not.

The crowned one

IMHO

Yes/no spreads are as accurate as you are psychic so they range from 0% to 100% Mind you,if you are 100% psychic you would not need a yes no spread, if I was 65% psychic I would not need one for that matter.

If you believe in the "universal consciousness and that it IS willing to give you the answers to life, big or little again I think the yes/no would be 100% accurate assuming our universal consciousness is always right, other wise the yes/no will be as accurate as that entity.

If you believe the cards are a tool of divination made by man to help see the future, they will be as accurate as your abilities are honed, using your knowledge base and intuition of that base, and the information you have on the subject of the yes no question.

I find pulling petals from a flower works about as well as asking the cards for yes/no questions where I have no previous insights into the question being asked.

Life is almost never just yes or no: is is bits of both, and very complex. Math can be yes or no, Science strives for yes and no's often, but life almost never, it is too complex :)

Amanda

Here is a thread where I offered a few readings with this spread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=159078

I have another one somewhere that I'm trying to find... I'll be back.

ETA: OKay here is the other one. I used the Psychic Tarot Oracle in the Oracle section, which is similar to tarot, so it should still be helpful to you when using this spread.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=156500

This link is the very first time I tried using this spread, and you will see very clearly that I totally messed up and botched a couple of readings, but you'll notice that I had quite a few right as well. It takes practice just like any other spread, and you really need to look at how the cards are interacting with one another when you interpret this spread as well. Your "Yes" answer could end up being a "Yes but.." or your "No" answer could be a "No, and this is how you change that.." type of answer, so be careful! :) But this spread makes it totally possible to do Yes/No with tarot. It's really the best one I've ever come across in terms of Yes and No.

Blackstar

I usually pick just one card for yes/no. If I'm unsure, I ask for a clarification card. Worked so far, i guess.

ngser

interesting Blackstar, how do u define which card is a yes and which card is a no?

Blackstar

Intuitive, I guess. I don't really have a list of yes/no cards made. Also depends on the question. For example, if a question is "will I hear from john doe tonight" and I draw a 2 of swords, that's probably a no. I mean look at it, it kinda does say no. :) But then again, if a question is if John is avoiding me, the answer will be yes.

I don't know if it makes sense, I guess it does to me. I fail to transfer it further. :/

Espirito

Intuitive, I guess. I don't really have a list of yes/no cards made. Also depends on the question. For example, if a question is "will I hear from john doe tonight" and I draw a 2 of swords, that's probably a no. I mean look at it, it kinda does say no. :) But then again, if a question is if John is avoiding me, the answer will be yes.

I don't know if it makes sense, I guess it does to me. I fail to transfer it further. :/

Yes it makes sense.

I think you cannot see the future in the cards, but the present.

The card's show your thoughts, and if your thoughts can go to the future, in 1 card, you will recognize the future, past, or present.

The question is very important to a reading. I see people that can not interpret the tarot, because they can't put the eyes over the question and make a decent one.

Example: I will see my colour friend?
2 of swords = Taking your words', no i don't, because in the card i see blindness and a woman siting on a bench.

But if we observe the card, i would say that my thoughts was negative ones, and i really think ( show by the card ) that i don't see my friend.

So i need to put my eyes ( show by the card ) in action, and stand up and find her, because in this moment ( i'm siting and waiting ) in a negative form.

Another example, that i think, it's the right way to see the tarot.

What is my attitude to my friend?

Hang Man - I'm waiting, and thinking... in a passive mode.

So to see my friend, i need to change my atitude in this moment, by turning me into the charriot.

So you are correct when you see in your way the tarot.
The only thing that can see the future is' not your cards, but your thought's in the cards.
The cards show your thoughts and feelings.

Good luck!

janie144

Good question, I dont think I would be able to interpret a yes/no spread, if each card tells a story how do you cut that down to a simple yes or no? I would just pick up a pendulum :D

Reverie

Come to think of it, every set of yes/no answers I've had from readers, at least a few have been wrong. Even from the very talented yes/no readers, eventually one of the answers predicted does not come to pass. Some have been right on target though. It doesn't matter the method, pendulum, spread, whatever.

I think there is one person who consistently got it right for about fifteen questions in a row though :)

Nevertheless, I still ask yes/no questions. It's something fun when there is nothing else to do about a situation!

sashie

I can't say I've ever used a method for clear cut yes/no answers that gets consistently correct results.

The best by far in my experience is "Yes If, No If, Maybe If" positions, with one to three cards in each. The number of cards used in each position depends on my familiarity with the deck.