Golden dawn - A Genuine Transmission ?

Frater Benedict

What's bothersome is the claim that the proof is in a "very secret document."

That's the sort of "logic" that Christine Payne-Towler uses in, for example, her claim that Levi's Hebrew letter correlations of the Trumps are correct, but the proof is in some insanely high degrees of Continental Freemasonry, which are inaccessible to ordinary mortals.

I do not at all doubt that Levi's letter correlations of the Trumps may circulate within Continental esoteric orders since the 1890's, 1940's or 1960's, but that doesn't prove anything about ideas prevalent in the time before Levi. I suspect that Payne-Towler project the presence of certain teachings in the late 19th and mid-20th century back on an 18th century, in which these teachings were unknown.

Some French freemasons even revised the Fellow Craft degree to include tarot cards, but it is likely that this occurred under the indirect influence of Oswald Wirth. If anyone want to read it for themselves look 'Rite Français Moderne Rétabli Rituel du Deuxième Grade' up on this site (I think it, because of frames, refuse to link the exact website, but you may click yourselves to the right place).

http://www.stichtingargus.nl/vrijmetselarij/frame_en.html

In the 18th century some freemasons and some martinists were interested in symbolic interpretations of the Hebrew letters. Such an interest does NOT equate a general and universal interest in correspondences between Hebrew letters and tarot trumps. ONE system of correspondences between Hebrew letters and trumps is known from the late 18th century. It begins with Aleph = The World, thus not identical to Levi's system.

ravenest

It doesn't appear to be listed there ?

I see the Grand Order of Button Busters is .

ravenest

I found it via a google title search that leads back to the site and that group's rite

... all in French. :(