The triple trinity of the planets in the Thoth deck

La'al quiet fella

Thank you

Thanks everyone for your replies, they were really useful.

I think the bit I was missing was how Al was reconciling the sephiroth to new astrological findings.

It looks as though the minors relating to a specific sephiroth are the closest the deck comes to including Herschel and Pluto?

It does seem a more comfortable fit that trying to double-up the majors, which was the only options I had managed to see, so thank you all for taking the time to discuss this.

Thanks also for the info about the book, Barleywine. (It was a bit more expensive than my spiritual wallet could afford, but I am hoping to get the shining paths book you recommended in another thread for Christmas.) Your breakdown of how the cards work astrologically was great in affirming the approach I had understood so far, and again thank you.

Barleywine

Thanks also for the info about the book, Barleywine. (It was a bit more expensive than my spiritual wallet could afford, but I am hoping to get the shining paths book you recommended in another thread for Christmas.) Your breakdown of how the cards work astrologically was great in affirming the approach I had understood so far, and again thank you.

Yes, it's expensive, since it's hardcover (or at least the heavy, coated cardboard that passes for hardcover these days). Since you have an earlier version, I think all you'll be missing is the supplemental commentary by Hymenaeus Beta on the unfinished portions.

Barleywine

It looks as though the minors relating to a specific sephiroth are the closest the deck comes to including Herschel and Pluto?

It does seem a more comfortable fit that trying to double-up the majors, which was the only options I had managed to see, so thank you all for taking the time to discuss this.

Personally, I find the planetary correspondences most useful with the minors from a practical reading standpoint. The majors are already so full of symbolism that they don't benefit all that much from the astrological overlay (the Chariot is a good example). That said, the "Mars" association of the Tower and the "Mercury" connection for the Magus seem well-reasoned, although Jupiter for the Wheel of Fortune is a bit too one-sidedly positive IMO. I do the "doubling-up" thing automatically since I never consider a zodiacal sign without giving some attention to its ruling planet. If you consider Death as Scorpio, the Moon as Pisces and the Star as Aquarius, you could always align Pluto, Neptune and Uranus to those using modern rulerships.