Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Gems or stones for happiness/joy

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Crystals & Herbs

Resident

starsofnorth 
Resident

Sometimes I feel good with emerald or jade.

Anyone else?
Top   #1
Citizen

Snowhunter 
Citizen

I have a carnelian palm stone that I love to hold because I get a calm, fuzzy feeling from it. I was at a metaphysical store today and got a happy, peaceful feeling from a tumbled angelite but I ended up coming home with a kyanite. I noticed the stones that make me happy are the smooth ones that I can play with absentmindedly while doing something else. I could probably get the same effect from something around the house but crystals are pretty!
Top   #2
Resident

starsofnorth 
Resident

The texture of a stone affects you--that is interesting!
Size or texture don't seem to matter to me.
Top   #3
Citizen

Snowhunter 
Citizen

It seems to be a recent development. I love the look of raw, unpolished stones but sharp edges gives me that nails on chalkboard feeling. I don't know if this is a no-no in the crystal community but I took a fine grit sandpaper today and smoothed down the ones that really bothered me. Just knowing they were in the room made me uncomfortable.

Another crystal that perks me up is clear quartz especially when I look at it in direct sunlight. The rainbows and reflections are calming, and sometimes when I'm trying to fall asleep at night I remember and see them in my mind.
Top   #4
Citizen

jolie_amethyst 
Citizen

I tend to only carry smooth polished stones as well, so consequently those spend the most time with me...which means I get the most out of them. My palm sized polished labradorite is my most used calming/de-stressing/"be happy" stone. It's usually in my pocket during the day, and it's not uncommon for it to end up under my pillow at night.
Top   #5
Resident

kipahni 
Resident

Pineapple Calcite. It promotes joy and teaches that happiness is a choice. All calcite also gently remove things/habits/energies that no longer serve a purpose.
Top   #6
Resident

earl 
Resident

Definitely Sunstone. I am taking up law, and there are a lot of times wherein I get so stressed out thinking that I won't survive. But meditating with sunstone helps me feel better. It gives me that "everything's gonna be alright" feeling.
Top   #7
Citizen

UrbanBramble 
Citizen

Peridot. Calm, uplifting, can be a little too "cloying" for people - it was described to me as someone telling you to smile - if you are truly upset about something it might just come off as annoying, but if you need a general pick me up it's excellent. It's green and resonates with the heart chakra. It's also a good general healing stone so if sadness is based in stuff you need to heal from it's good to have around, and if you have health problems it can be helpful.
Top   #8
Citizen

RavenDarkWind 
Citizen

I'm pretty new to the whole gem thing, but I think rose quartz is good for happiness.
Top   #9
Resident

starsofnorth 
Resident

How wonderful all of your experiences are!

I've been thinking of getting a calcite myself.

Peridot DOES annoy me, or make me feel worse.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.