Intensive Deck Study Reboot!

zan_chan

Nina* said:
I'll join you when I've decided for a deck and this time I WILL follow through!

Deciding for a deck isn't easy for me though. Sigh! I'll be back!

Great to hear it, Nina! What are some of the candidates so far?

Nina*

zan_chan said:
Great to hear it, Nina! What are some of the candidates so far?
They are: VR, BG, Hezicos, Tarot of the Masters (Ricklef). Sigh again. :D

Nina*

But all your talk of the FM has made me curious about that one too!!!

zan_chan

Nina* said:
They are: VR, BG, Hezicos, Tarot of the Masters (Ricklef). Sigh again. :D

Well, I'd never presume to pick for you (yes I would! :p ) but I think the Masters would be a wonderful IDS deck. LOADS to study there! :)

Just my two yen...

Nina*

zan_chan said:
Well, I'd never presume to pick for you (yes I would! :p ) but I think the Masters would be a wonderful IDS deck. LOADS to study there! :)

Just my two yen...
LOL :D Yes, you would!
You really think so (about lots to study)? Like... what?

zan_chan

Well, if I've got this right, each card is based on a famous "master" painting, right? I think studying each of the paintings that inspired the cards, the artist, his or her life, and the relationship between the artist, the painting, and the traditional card meaning would be a wonderful study. SO much to learn there :)

Nina*

zan_chan said:
Well, if I've got this right, each card is based on a famous "master" painting, right? I think studying each of the paintings that inspired the cards, the artist, his or her life, and the relationship between the artist, the painting, and the traditional card meaning would be a wonderful study. SO much to learn there :)
Yeah... you could be right.

James actually wrote a great book (both real and an online version) for this deck, where he also talks about the original painting and his reason to pick it.
And I LOVE his writings.

Hmm...

zan_chan

You saw my thoughts on the Victorian Romantic in OctoberGwen's thread, right? So I won't restate my thoughts here, but I would love a reason to be convinced that it and the BG are more than just pretty...

I've never seen someone IDS with the Ricklef Masters though, so it would be a lovely shared experience :)

Nina*

Well... actually you could say that James did exactly what Karen and Alex did; picked existing images that would fit each card (only James then chose to re-draw them himself). Yes, he added a sword etc where needed, but so did Karen and Alex, you know.

I dunno... I just LOVE the BG and the VR, but as we've often all agreed upon; no deck is for everybody of course.

Really look forward to hearing how you'll find the FM, btw.

Wendywu

This is wonderful - so many new people!

I'm afraid I can't start today - it's my son's 21st birthday and we're a bit busy :D