Samhain DOB 2016 - possible design, thoughts?

Anise

(Aside, if you ever released a regular version of the DOB like your first picture--borderless, paper background, scrawly font, but no moon--that would be my DOB of choice to finally buy!)

reall

Man, I wish I could do a real gold font....my printer can do gold foil but the price is astronomical so I probably won't do that.
:) you don't need actual gold foil! you can get similar effect with yellow color or playing with golden env map effect?!:)) I was worried how it may look printed but if you'r lucky you can get similar effect!:)) I was surprised how good my *golden lighting bolt* turns out when I get my CL printed!XD LOLZ ;))

Tanga

OK. I'm a purple girl - so... I LIKE the purple (or someone said blue) background. (drool, drool).
Still think the moon should be more orangish, with perhaps some sprinkle of tiny stars as in the
"Four blood moons leaving Babylon" photo.
And - I stick to my comment that the moons could be varied in their phases.
Not 78! Lol. Just a few variations repeating over.

Oh dear...
Will it be ahh - available in poker size???

:)

seven stars

Oh dear...
Will it be ahh - available in poker size???

:)

Bridge is better proportionately - poker is wider. I did just add bridge size for the main Deck of the Bastard.

blue_fusion

3 of them with the deep purplish blue sky & blood moon. Maybe it needs to be aged more. Maybe it still looks like a big tomato.

They look like illuminated manuscripts. :D I agree, aging it a bit more would help tie the sky and moon to the foreground (but I hope you keep the shade of blue). You can maybe scratch out some parts of the sky's color to reveal the paper underneath? That sorta thing.

As for zombies, you could go for something like... Night of the Terribly Proper Dead: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RzK9qyHWvE0&feature=youtu.be :D

Tanga

Bridge is better proportionately - poker is wider. I did just add bridge size for the main Deck of the Bastard.

Oops, yes - sorry, that's what I meant. Bridge is smaller, which I like. :)

JuniperPress

I like the moon idea and I think adding some bats wouldn't be too much at all. Also, creepy trees, houses, crosses, graves - you could mix them up as you said. Excuse the super quick, crappy photoshop job but I don't think something with even as much as this would look cluttered... but I really also like the first one you posted (minus the moon) for a very simple understated look (lol that probably wasn't much help) but I'm just throwing ideas and opinions around:p
[img=http://www65.zippyshare.com/scaled/vr52ClvZ/file.html][/img]

seven stars

See I'm thinking this looks messy.

Attachments

• 4 dark bg.jpg
    4 dark bg.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 187

reall

I like the moon idea and I think adding some bats wouldn't be too much at all. Also, creepy trees, houses, crosses, graves - you could mix them up as you said. Excuse the super quick, crappy photoshop job but I don't think something with even as much as this would look cluttered... but I really also like the first one you posted (minus the moon) for a very simple understated look (lol that probably wasn't much help) but I'm just throwing ideas and opinions around:p
[img=http://www65.zippyshare.com/scaled/vr52ClvZ/file.html][/img]

oh! I like this!:)) especially colors on 2nd!XD lol :))