XI. Lust - Woman on a lion

yogiman

If I understand you correctly, you're looking for proof? Proof in the divinatory power of Tarot, proof that the Law was received supernaturally, proof that Crowley had visions (unless those visions were drug-induced, then they're not vision-y "enough")?

Here is a piece of my first post at the -Opening of the Key- thread.

So i took recourse to the internet in order to contact a real golden dawn order (around the year 2000). I got email correspondence with an adeptus exemptus 7=4, and after a few exchanges he proposed to visit me in Amsterdam, as he was staying in Norway for the moment. Though suspecting that he was looking for a cheap stay, i was delighted to be in the opportunity to meet such a high order member. We arranged to meet in the centre of the city, and i was quite nervous for the big event. When i saw him approaching he was a little different from what i had suspected. He seemed to be into body building, and his walk was rather macho. Worst of all, he was very insecure, and though he was pretty knowledgeable, talking about spirituality made him look even more hollow. He was not unsympathetic at all, but he lacked spirit. When we departed he gave me a thick book that he had written. When i came home i went flat out on bed of desperation, and vented my frustration to my girlfriend. My spiritual world had collapsed, and it felt like all those years of toil had been for nothing. I had a look into his book, and it was full of nonsense, and the foreword had even been written by the girlfriend of Israel Regardie.

This all happened 13 years back. I could find the man on the internet. He is part of a gang of new age criminals, though his infirm demeanor will not betray it, and no doubt they are making big money. Real temple, beautiful paraphernalia, phantastic humbug about secret chiefs. Outer splendour, but inner corruption, as Mathers would say. The former girlfriend of Israel Regardie is also in the scheme, which makes the latter also conspicuous.

I don't tell this because I dislike the guy, as he is not disagreeable. But this is a cancer in the spiritual domain, and has caused me terrible pain.

I hope this message will not be censored.

Always Wondering

Here is a piece of my first post at the -Opening of the Key- thread.

This all happened 13 years back. I could find the man on the internet. He is part of a gang of new age criminals, though his infirm demeanor will not betray it, and no doubt they are making big money. Real temple, beautiful paraphernalia, phantastic humbug about secret chiefs. Outer splendour, but inner corruption, as Mathers would say. The former girlfriend of Israel Regardie is also in the scheme, which makes the latter also conspicuous.

I don't tell this because I dislike the guy, as he is not disagreeable. But this is a cancer in the spiritual domain, and has caused me terrible pain.

I hope this message will not be censored.

This kind of thing is rampant. Not just within spiritual orders. But spiritual realizations such as this can be very hurtful. Crowley thought so too, at least when he was writing the Chapter Power and Authority in Magick Without Tears. http://hermetic.com/crowley/magick-without-tears/mwt_61.html

This is one of the reasons why the older I grow and the more experience I have of human nature, the more am I convinced of the wisdom of the Chiefs of the A.'. A.'., where association with any other person except your immediate superior or the one of whom you are yourself in charge is discouraged in every possible way.

But a far truer and deeper satisfaction is found when the student has contentedly gone on with his work all by his own efforts. Surely you have had sufficient example in these letters, where in moments of despair one suddenly awakes to the fact the despite all appearances one has been watched and guarded from a higher plane. I might say, in fact, that one such experience of the secret guardianship of the Chiefs of the Order is worth a thousand apparently sufficient witnesses to the facts.

Many of us were programed all through childhood to give our power away. And there is always, always, someone ready to take it, well meaning or not. Because of experiences not so different than yours, I decided to stay a solo practitioner. I have no labels, titles or authority, I might also get bogged down and take a less direct road to attainment, but it is my way, maybe even my Will.

When I start second guessing myself I read Duty.

http://lib.oto-usa.org/crowley/essays/duty.html

AW

yogiman

I find this a beautiful reply, but with some small reservations.

where association with any other person except your immediate superior or the one of whom you are yourself in charge is discouraged in every possible way.

I am talking here about an ENTIRE order that is governed by the 7 of cups.

one such experience of the secret guardianship of the Chiefs of the Order is worth a thousand apparently sufficient witnesses to the facts.

They are reporting about their meetings with the secret chiefs without any hesitancy, and they are doing so in good health for at least a decade, while cheating the money out of the pockets of the gullible.

ravenest

I find it impolite to turn this one into a separate thread.

What I mean is that I have seen a lot of swindling going on in the New Age domain, and apart from losing time and money, your FAITH and reverence are harmed.

But Cowley wasn't part of the 'New Age domain' so why would that make you suspect that you might waste time and money reading him????

If I find Bhagwan Shree Rajneeshes books I buy rubbish and a waste of time and money do I say "Well I better not read Plato then!" ?

I dont mean to be rude but sometimes I don't get your logic and you seem to be complaining about things a lot .... and then when asked about that your answer is unclear or illogical.

yogiman

See it in the light of my previous post, and things are really serious! By venting my feelings and getting the right responses here, my mind is cleared. I am much more favorable to Crowley now, than 3 weeks ago when I posted for the first time. Why I got involved with this forum then? Because I saw him as a kind of Mozart of tarot, but for the rest rather doubtful.

ravenest

The type of things that exist in the occult world that annoy you were rampant in Crowley's time. (And at all times)

Some of the old boys use to flog and trade magical order charters .... keep them for a while and sell them off.

The lesson? One shouldn't rely on externals when judging another's validity wether it be chartered paper, robe, sigil or fancy sounding name (I mean I got right deep inside The Order of the Golden Phoenix - it would be considered ludicrous ravenest fiction if I wrote about it here ;) )

[ PS. 'The Gods' will trick you and rip you off as well if you aren't paying close enough attention.]

ravenest

if I want to eat crappy Chinese food (and I do at times) I choose Happy Duck ... Golden Phoenix food tends to give me heart burn ( get it? ... it resurrects itself and rises up and its fire burns (phoenix) the heart ( golden ).

Thanks for that ... now try again and type into your google box not AN ORDER FOR the Golden Phoenix BUT ; THE Order OF the Golden Phoenix, Sydney. (Which is maybe different from all others of the same or similar name ... or maybe different from the Sydney one of 15 years ago ... or last week.)

The thing is ... you know. .... Jf any one knows of any magical group, system, mystery tradition , church or Buddhist or Christian moanastary that has a perfect leader with no faults and membership with not a wanker in sight ... please post about it now as we all have been searching aimlessly all this time.

Hey Yogiman ... I keep saying this every so often, so people may be bored with it but, you might find this book - 'Everything You Should Know About the Golden Dawn' by Israel Regardie - worth reading (including some hilarious court transcripts)

yogiman

The type of things that exist in the occult world that annoy you were rampant in Crowley's time. (And at all times)

The general procedure is to fight and isolate a disease, unless it has grown into an uncontrollable cancer.

All big names of the Golden Dawn are con people, and Israel Regardie was possibly included.

Don't worry, be happy.

Zephyros

The general procedure is to fight and isolate a disease, unless it has grown into an uncontrollable cancer.

All big names of the Golden Dawn are con people, and Israel Regardie was possibly included.

Don't worry, be happy.

That's a pretty sweeping statement. Forgive me if this sounds like an attack, since it isn't, but if that's what you believe, why are you in the Thoth forum? Why are you studying the Thoth/Golden Dawn at all? I'm very confused...