journal shopping

diane drizzy

So we went shopping for a journal this w/e. Well after looking at several lovely books,we saw a notebook that had a blonde leaning against a 1940's taxi on the cover. She was a Veronica Lake type in a short red strapless beaded dress and red high heels. It's not something I would have ever considered.

They started whistling, and stomping their feet when they saw this book. I tried to redirect everyone but they created a scene. I was mortified when they screamed at me that this was it and this is what they wanted. So I hung my head, bit the bullet And got it.

Well at least their happy. Go figure.

sagitarian

such little dears! i couldn't tell you how many things i've bought b/c of their influence and directives...LOL. Next they'll tell you what to write in your journal...Laughs. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Alissa

My Faery journal is lovely... and I went on a special trip shopping for it too.

It is in the same greens and golds as the deck, and shows a maiden fallen asleep amongst crocus and blue bells. Very Pre-Raphealite, with gold gilded pages.

Too bad I've hardly used it. After my initial burst of energy, I rarely journalled on the cards (but wrote more here on AT instead!)
:)

Aura Wolf

My, my, such spoiled faeries! Mine wouldn't wait to go shopping, they just made me fix up an old white duotang my dad used in college, lol...I put a nice label on it.

Wisp Wings

dew on a silken thread

I compromised with mine. I love using the small three-ring notebooks that are just a few inches bigger than the Oracle book. I planned to use one of these where it has both a front and backplace to side in a sheet of paper or picture for presentation. It makes it easy to add to thepage count and to organize with being able to move the pages around. Their part was to lead to whatever they wished could be the front and back, etc.

Hummm amazing, I just now connected a part of this that is obvious, but I hadn't noticed before. I have three pictures all of different types. My journal has a frontage page with the name of it "Following Faes". That they gave me first. Its done in a beautiful font. On the back cover is "Dance of All Seasons" (Goddess pic) and on the front is "Silken Spells" both by Josephine Wall. Then I have a postcard (cut of the pic only) as a bookmark that is "In My Secret Garden" by Mary Baxter St. Clair. What the "humm" was about is the Goddess pic is dancing and both of the fairy pictures are on spiderwebs, as if a tightrope. With the "Following Faes" name and the webbing does tend to link as a passage to them, to the inner-self all higher realms of reality. I didn't notice this before. Funny how they lead you, isn't it?!

Aura Wolf

I bought a really pretty journal for myself the other day at a small crafts shop. There was another one there, which was not quite as beautiful and unique but it had this image on the cover that matched this image on a velvet t-shirt I used to own. It was black velvet on the back and the front had this image on it of a girl with her hands on her knees leaning over a field of little people. I had to go back and buy it, and discovered it's from a piece of artwork called "Midsummer Eve" by Edward Robert Hughes. It struck me that if perhaps my faeries wanted to use it, it would be quite fitting...

Here's a picture... http://www.erasofelegance.com/hughes3.jpg

sagitarian

I've always loved this picture, thanks for sharing Dead Star!

Aura Wolf

sagitarian said:
I've always loved this picture, thanks for sharing Dead Star!

Yeah, I think they may end up claiming it :D

Wisp Wings

Dead Star said:
I discovered it's from a piece of artwork called "Midsummer Eve" by Edward Robert Hughes. It struck me that if perhaps my faeries wanted to use it, it would be quite fitting...

I have this too, it is a wonderful piece of art and I'm not at all surprised and do feel they probably are directing you to it for them.

Enjoy your journey and the journaling of it!