Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Source Heiress

MoonGypsy 
Source Heiress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinemaiden View Post
Wasn't the new Tarot of Prague conceived to be part of the upcoming Prague tour in April? Making it available to non-tour participants is a bonus for those who want this deck, as I do. I bit the bullet and bought the regular size Alice when it was released, and I'll bite the bullet this time for the regular size metallic enhanced Tarot of Prague. Some things are worth a sacrifice. This be the only deck I buy this year. I'd rather have one Godiva chocolate than a box of Raisinettes.
That was so well said, Rhinemaiden! Thank You! My sentiments exactly! i am
so thrilled about this! i can hardly wait to see the metallic color enhancement and revisions. The effects in Alice totally blew me away, and i am sure this new version of
TOP will, too! This is to be a special Anniversary present for me from my dear hubby.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #21
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

Sure. But it is still very sad that people who do not have the money - simply do not have it, no matter how much they would sacrifice if they could - will still not be able to buy.

And I repeat - I don't mean me - I have it already. I am not whining on my own behalf, just very sad for those people who will still not be able to have a copy.

Quote:
I'd rather have one Godiva chocolate than a box of Raisinettes.
And if your only taste of chocolate would be Raisinettes or nothing ? It is so easy to forget how very hard up many people on AT actually are Students. Single parents. The unemployed. To name but a few.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #22
A star-gleam on a stone

AnemoneRosie 
A star-gleam on a stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
Sure. But it is still very sad that people who do not have the money - simply do not have it, no matter how much they would sacrifice if they could - will still not be able to buy.

And I repeat - I don't mean me - I have it already. I am not whining on my own behalf, just very sad for those people who will still not be able to have a copy.

And if your only taste of chocolate would be Raisinettes or nothing ? It is so easy to forget how very hard up many people on AT actually are Students. Single parents. The unemployed. To name but a few.
"... we can't give people on disability a living wage because they might spend their monnies on luxuries!" (aka the 'welfare queens' argument).
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #23
Resident

bleubohemian 
Resident

I don't know which will be what, but I did see they will be printing 1000 standard editions and 750 of the special ones. So hopefully standard will be more reasonably priced. I am only assuming that the special edition will be the larger size. I will be happy with a standard.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #24
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 
Citizen

Well I am on disability and it's no fun.

I have to decide if I want this. For whatever reason I did not buy it when it came out and I have never really clicked with the regular decks I have from them - Victorian Romantic and Baroque BC. I was late on the Alice and bought the regular (I guess) because I collect Alice.

So do I jump on this late bus or not? I have not yet managed to look through the Bohemian Cats.

Diana
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #25
Citizen

Daemon Lover 
Citizen

From my talks with Karen on Facebook I understand that she is offering a layaway for the large deck, but not for the standard....
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #26
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
But isn't that true of anything in life?

I'm expecting the standard to be about the same price as the regular Alice (but can't remember exactly how much it was - am I right in thinking 75 euros?).

It will be the price of the Green Witch + Llewellyn Anna K + Llewellyn Classic + Mystic Dreamer + LoS Tarot of the Nymphs and Yoga Tarots which I just didn't buy - hurrah! Add those together and maybe there'll be a special bag to toss in too!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #27
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
But isn't that true of anything in life?

I'm expecting the standard to be about the same price as the regular Alice (but can't remember exactly how much it was - am I right in thinking 75 euros?).

It will be the price of the Green Witch + Llewellyn Anna K + Llewellyn Classic + Mystic Dreamer + LoS Tarot of the Nymphs and Yoga Tarots which I just didn't buy - hurrah! Add those together and maybe there'll be a special bag to toss in too!
The Alice was just way more than I would have spent if it hadn't been Alice...and then I thought real hard about it. I don't have any of those other ones, BTW. I have no idea what I would have done had I had the choices of all the fancy ones.

I would agree that there are worse problems than not having enough money for the Tarot of Prague. Medication, Fancy Feast.

Diana
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #28
Not a Cylon

Owl Song 
Not a Cylon

I'm very happy to hear ToP is being reissued. It is such a beautiful deck. I sold my first edition set to help pay for a piano several years ago, when I sold off a great deal of my collection.

I would love to own the new edition and book. I'll have to see what the price tag is. I would love to see MRP go back to producing more standard editions and to have their decks more widely available. They seem to be leaning more toward the collectors' end of Tarot. I don't say that in a pejorative way; it just seems to be the trend toward which they've been leaning the past several years.

It sounds like it's going to be lovely set anyway and I'm sure they'll have a very successful run.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #29
Citizen

cSpaceDiva 
Citizen

It seems that even their standard edition decks ended up as collector's items anyway, Tarot of Prague for one. Might as well start them off that way so the creators, rather than "investors" who buy up all the decks, can make the profit on them.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #30

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.