Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

FLizarraga 
Citizen

I am sure the collectors, and all those who can afford them and want them for themselves, will be very happy.

The resellers, however, will not fare so well. Wait and see.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #31
Citizen

Gulliver 
Citizen

I think so, Flizzy. I'm very, very, very happy.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #32
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 
Golden Silvery Dionna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSpaceDiva View Post
It seems that even their standard edition decks ended up as collector's items anyway, Tarot of Prague for one. Might as well start them off that way so the creators, rather than "investors" who buy up all the decks, can make the profit on them.
I fully agree with this, even while understanding that many who would want them won't be able to buy. Wish they would print a larger run though, I am sure they would sell them.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #33
Citizen

FLizarraga 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSpaceDiva View Post
It seems that even their standard edition decks ended up as collector's items anyway, Tarot of Prague for one. Might as well start them off that way so the creators, rather than "investors" who buy up all the decks, can make the profit on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta View Post
I fully agree with this, even while understanding that many who would want them won't be able to buy.
I am not so sure. Alienating a sizable chunk of your customer base hardly seems like a good business move. One thing is to do pricier special editions of reasonably priced decks, and a whole other is to do nothing but pricey special editions, which then will not be so special after all. They are becoming the Harry Winston of the Tarot world.

I may be wrong, of course. Personally, though, I'm losing interest in their current offerings, since I'm neither rich nor a collector, just a simple student of Tarot.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #34
Citizen

lightpers 
Citizen
Question

I am actually on the fence with this deck, i have the second edition of Tarot of Prague, it's beautiful but it's not my cup of tea, i didn't sensed the magic of this deck comes into my eyes.

The newest one is gonna be published in metalic foils and i don't know maybe i'll change my mind or not, but out of topic, the last production that was called Alice Tarot is not working for me either. For me the metallic foils or cold stamping really annoys me when reading in the deck.

I maybe just thinking to have the companion book only, because the price of the deck is killing and i am not an enthusiasm collector anymore. I am also not interested with their current offerings.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #35
Star clad

Padma 
Star clad

Lightpers, you are not alone - I feel the same way. I will get the book to go with my second ed deck, but that is it. I struggle with loving the Prague 2nd ed...I got caught up in the heady rush of collecting Baba decks initially, but actually, the only two that interest me in the slightest are the Fantastic Menagerie and the Fairy Tale. I have them and I do enjoy them.

I am also somewhat put off by their constantly saying this deck or that will never be republished - but then, they go ahead and republish. It would be lovely if they could take it in a new direction, instead of slightly tweaking old decks...and selling them for massive prices. I never did buy the Alice, though, simply because I think I had Baba Deck Fatigue Syndrome.

Have to say that the card stock of the 3rd ed Bohemian Cats was...less than impressive.

Dunno. I feel disappointed, and somewhat cross with myself for buying into the hype...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #36
Citizen

lightpers 
Citizen

Thank you, Padma, it is interesting you have the similar experience of each decks you mentioned to me and it is yes, because of Baba Deck Fatigue syndrome back then. It is also seeing your replied post for getting the companion book only that makes me wanna have just the book.

I don't know myself, yes, this will be out Tarot of Prague with metalic foils deck maybe indeed targeted for tarot collectors, which is good because they actually increasing their qualities but i still indeed have the second version of this deck that is still pristine and i maybe not gonna love it as i am always in love with Victorian Romantic (so sorry if it is out of topic, mods) so yeah, companion book seems make me happy already
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #37
Star clad

Padma 
Star clad

Don't feel bad about it, LightPers. They do indeed write great companion books for their decks, I must say that. All of their decks that I own, I have the book, (which are all so well done) except the Prague. So once I get the book, to me, that completes my Baba buying! I don't need anything else from them.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #38
Star clad

Padma 
Star clad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
I am not so sure. Alienating a sizable chunk of your customer base hardly seems like a good business move. One thing is to do pricier special editions of reasonably priced decks, and a whole other is to do nothing but pricey special editions, which then will not be so special after all. They are becoming the Harry Winston of the Tarot world.

I may be wrong, of course. Personally, though, I'm losing interest in their current offerings, since I'm neither rich nor a collector, just a simple student of Tarot.
I hear you, dude. Feeling rather the same at the moment.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #39
Citizen

Daemon Lover 
Citizen

I am an avid Baba deck collector and supporter, but.....I don't feel the same heady rush to purchase this deck...for whatever reason.

I have the Prague 1 and 2, but I have only flicked through those and I can't say that it has the same appeal to me as the Victorian Romantic and Fantastic Menagerie does.

Maybe I'm going through a slump at the moment. I do know that Karen said that the layaway on the large format LE deck will not have the special pre-order price as layaway are a headache...I can understand that.....but I can't help feeling put off this deck though. I just can't narrow down the reason why!?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.