Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Swedish Witch / Jolanda - restarting the study group 2016

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups

Citizen

rylla 
Citizen

Thank you very much for these info Sulis.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
Luna's Granny

Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

Idea for making moving around interesting.

I got to the index page, but all links in a new tab or window and keep the index page where can find it easier.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
Luna's Granny

Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

Since this is a study group. we are gonna go card by card...but tomorrow I will get up a pix from each deck of the king of Wands on here.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
Citizen

Sztar 
Citizen

Ok but note that the thread that discusses restarting the group says that we can do any card. Considering that this study group appears to have fewer participants, I think there might be more participation and less chance of the discussion dying if we are less hard and fast about going in order. Also, the previous study threads include random cards. Just my two cents!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna's Crone View Post
Since this is a study group. we are gonna go card by card...but tomorrow I will get up a pix from each deck of the king of Wands on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sztar View Post
Ok but note that the thread that discusses restarting the group says that we can do any card. Considering that this study group appears to have fewer participants, I think there might be more participation and less chance of the discussion dying if we are less hard and fast about going in order. Also, the previous study threads include random cards. Just my two cents!
It's fine to study the cards out of order and whenever I've participated in a study group myself I've found it's better to do it that way.. It means that people can study cards as they pull them and in my experience, study groups that are done that way tend to be the ones that continue the longest.

When the cards are studied in a particular order people tend to be waiting for the 'study group leader' to put up a card and that way people tend to drop out because they just get fed up.. To me, studying cards randomly, as they're pulled seems a much more organic and intuitive way of doing things..

Up to you guys of course, that's just my experience in over 10 years of being involved in study groups so I thought I'd chime in.

Note: Once this has been read I'll move this conversation over to the 'restarting the study group' thread as it's off topic to the King of Wands study thread .

Sulis x
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #15
Luna's Granny

Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

no i didn't mean to sound dictatorial. it just sounded easier to go in order, for structure sake.

these cards seem to be so deep. kinda blows my mind.

as for the lwb. would love to get my hands on one. I have a cousin who still speaks swedish and she might enjoy going thru it. but will ask her first before going thru my quest to find one.

so i do apologize if i was out of place.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #16
Citizen

JylliM 
Citizen

I received my copy of the Jolanda a couple of days ago. I've noticed that the LWB's divinatory meanings are very similar (often almost identical) to those for the Medieval Scapini. I can't find an author for either, but they're both European decks/artists, so I assume they're coming from a common, Etteilla-based tradition.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #17
Citizen

page of ghosts 
Citizen

Is this project still active? I just got my Jolanda Tarot last week and I'm expecting the book in Swedish in a few days so it would be fun to contribute if it's still on Or just going through the cards if anyone else is still interested? I've never been in a study group before so I'm not 100% sure of how to go about it, heh.

ETA: nevermind, I just saw the rules for this sub-forum so I'll just add a new thread for a card and hope someone else feels like joining in.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #18

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.