Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Bohemian Cats 1st ed missing its Page of Cups

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

I agree with reall - with one caveat - I HAVE bought genuine shrinkwrapped decks that were missing the odd card. It CAN happen even in a reliable manufacturing process. (Cico are particularly bad at this.)

But you are entitled to a refund, so go after them. Otherwise more people will have this experience. May sure they understand, though, that it isn't the EXTRA card that is missing, but one of the ones that EVERY DECK should include - one of the regular court cards. They sound a bit thick !
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
Citizen

FLizarraga 
Citizen

Carojulie, you are entitled to receive a full deck of cards when you paid for one. Period. That said, it is not uncommon for even brand new decks to be missing a card or to have extra ones. Errors happen.

A possible solution is to write Baba at info@baba-store.com. Their customer service is second to none, and they tend to respond within the day. Make sure which edition of the BB Cats you have, and ask whether it is possible for them to send you a replacement Page of Cups. If they have it in stock, they will surely do it.

I bought a brand new and sealed Fairytale Tarot from a nice member here, and it was missing a card (also one of the pages, IIRC. Like I said, errors happen.) I wrote Baba, and they sent me a replacement card free of charge, no questions asked, even after I told them that I had not bought the deck from them, and despite the fact that the Fairytale Tarot has been out of print for a loooong time.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Hello and thank you all for your answers and advice !

I have written Baba Studio yesterday afternoon and they answered within the hour, very nicely. They have to wait until monday so they can check in their stach if they have this card, they are not sure because it's an old deck, but if they have a Page of Cups from this edition available they will send it to me. I explained that I had not bought the deck from them, and insisted that I was willing to pay for the replacement card, but they answered that if they could help, they would do it free of charge. It is not the first time I have to write to their customer service and they are always darling and super helpful. So, fingers crossed and I will wait untill monday !

I also wrote the seller, explaining that I was waiting for Baba's answer, and also I sent pictures of the other deck I bought that is not in the state it was described (it's full of disgusting grime), but they have not answered yet. They dont seem to be fazed when passing dirty decks for "in new condition" and 2d editions for 1st editions.

I checked the feedback for this seller, and apart from the odd negative feedback, there is a lot of good feedback. So, I guess I was just unlucky this time.
I just wish they would answer my messages, but I will let at least three days pass before considering that they are definitively unresponsive.

As AJ and Reall have pointed out, there are risks when buying on ebay.

I thought that getting a new ans sealed deck would be less risky, but as it turns out, it is not. I also was reassured because this specific seller was selling many tarot decks, and a lot of Baba decks, so I though that they knew what they were doing... of course I know that they had no way to know that the sealed deck had a Page missing, and it is not their fault, but I was not expecting them to answer flatly that it was normal and that this specific deck was meant to have 78 cards so all was well and my problem was not their problem.

This is only the third time I buy decks from ebay, and on the first two occasions everything went super well and I had extra nice sellers whith whom it was a pleasure to talk to.
But well.... not all sellers are alike, I guess.

Thank you all for your advise and support !
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Hello ,

Little update : Baba has answered that they could find a Page of Cups to send me. It is not the Page of Cups from my edition exactly, but it is from the golden edition, and apparently same backs and all...
So I am grateful to them, and relieved that I will be able to read with the deck
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14
Citizen

Rhinemaiden 
Citizen

Carojulie... what wonderful news! I'm so glad for you... superb customer service is a hallmark of MRP/Baba! treasure your new "gold" cat!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #15
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinemaiden View Post
Carojulie... what wonderful news! I'm so glad for you... superb customer service is a hallmark of MRP/Baba! treasure your new "gold" cat!
Thank you
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #16
Citizen

FLizarraga 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carojulie View Post
Hello ,

Little update : Baba has answered that they could find a Page of Cups to send me. It is not the Page of Cups from my edition exactly, but it is from the golden edition, and apparently same backs and all...
So I am grateful to them, and relieved that I will be able to read with the deck

Wow, that's really great news! Though, if you think about it, it's really mixed news.

The good news is that thanks to Baba's superb costumer service you will have a gorgeous Page of Cups, from the rare and expensive Gold edition.

The bad news is that every time you look at that shimmering card, you will be more and more enabled, until your heart is aching for the rare and expensive Gold edition...

I have had all three classic metallic Baba decks --the VR Gold, the BG Silver, and the BBC Gold. And they were all wonderful, but the BBC Gold was the one who stole my heart forever.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #17
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
Wow, that's really great news! Though, if you think about it, it's really mixed news.

The good news is that thanks to Baba's superb costumer service you will have a gorgeous Page of Cups, from the rare and expensive Gold edition.

The bad news is that every time you look at that shimmering card, you will be more and more enabled, until your heart is aching for the rare and expensive Gold edition...

I have had all three classic metallic Baba decks --the VR Gold, the BG Silver, and the BBC Gold. And they were all wonderful, but the BBC Gold was the one who stole my heart forever.
Ahah ! you are probably right Flizz !
But I will try to be content with my shiny Page ! lol ! Because the Gold edition is not easy to find and I fear would be costly !

I havent seen Baba's earlier metallic decks, but judging from the beauty of their modern metallic decks (Alice, or Tarot of Prague 3d ed....) I know my heart would melt !!! I am actually very happy that the replacement Page comes from the Gold deck, as it will make this Page very special !

The BG Silver in particular is my unicorn deck.... I would love to have it at some point. I am deeply in love with the BGT, I have the Pewter edition wich is already a beautiful treasure in itself... and its BEAUTIFUL cardstock is my reference against which I judge all other cardstocks lol !
and I have heard so much raving about the Silver, that it makes me really wish to see it some day, and if fate smiles at me, make it mine on day !
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #18
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

I just left neutral and negative feedbacks on ebay for the very first time in my whole life
I feel very bad about it, I have been on ebay many years and so far I had only left positive feedbacks. I only bought tarot decks very recently on ebay, on only three occasions ....

The missing card is not the seller's fault although they could at least have tried to be helpful and answer messages. But in the three decks all described as "very good condition because they have never been used", none was as described : one was wearing a little grime (Neutral feedback for this one), the second was completely filthy with several cards disgusting.... the third was not the edition advertized in the listing.... I sent 6 messages to the seller and they answered only once (to my first message) a short mail to tell me that basically they could not care less, and they did not even address the filthy decks in their answer.
My sixth and last message was last week, telling them that I cringed from leaving negaive feedback and I would prefer to discuss the matter with them first, and they have not answered....

So, my first ever negative feedbacks.... It makes me feel unhappy. But well, I did all I could to avoid it, and there is nothing more I can do.

By the way, if anybody knows how to take the grime off cards, any suggestion is welcome.
The grime is thick in places. Where it is thickest I have been able to take some off with a knife blade. But in other places it is not as thick and the blade has not enough grip. And there are many smears on many cards and they look suspect....
I have though of wiping the cards with alcoohol or cologne, but I fear it will wipe off the images also. The cards are matte, they do not seem heavily laminated....

Any idea ?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #19
Citizen

Rhinemaiden 
Citizen

you should not be stuck with decks that were not as advertised... take the 2 negative purchases to the ebay resolution center and get your money back!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.