Learning to read with Playing Cards - help?

Lora1957

I have been learning to read a regular deck of playing cards. I want to get better at it. I think a lot of my desires are in this one, and can use someone more experienced than I. I am not in a relationship now. My husband passed away a little more than 2 years ago.

My question was Will I be in a long term relationship, my card was King of Swords
My next questions was Will I marry him, my card was Jack of Wands
My next questions was if not him, will I marry again, my card was King of Wands.

I thank you so much for any help, I hope to get better at this, and I like using playing cards. I hope I posted this in the right place. My first time.

Thank much, Lora

MareSaturni

Lora, welcome to AT!

As a general rule, you must provide an interpretation of the cards first, before asking for help. Or else it is considered the same as asking for 'free readings,' which is forbidden in this forum. Also, the right place to post these readings is in this forum: Oracle Readings.

That said, there are many good book on Playing Cards that can help you with your readings. My advice is that you pick one book and stick to it, because each author has her or his own method for reading. Using more than one book at the same time may confuse you.

Some suggestions:

- Fortune-Telling by Playing Cards - Nerys Dee
It's a book that offers both the practical and psychological aspects of each card. It gives very in-depth meanings and some spreads. It's a very nice book if you want a direct guide on how to interpret the playing cards.

- Personal Prophesy: Learn How to Create Your Own Destiny! - Deborah Leigh
This book has a great emphasis on helping you to build your life using the playing cards are guides, but of course, it also teaches you how to do readings and tell fortunes with them. It's a very complete book.

- Playing Card Oracles - Ana Cortez
This book offers a very different - rather complex - method for reading playing cards. It's not very 'traditional'. Personally, it's my favorite method.

- It's all in the cards! - Chita St. Lawrence
A very nice book. The author teaches a Russian method of reading playing cards, that she learnt from her mother. This book has a LOT of examples of readings, and offers very complete yet flexible meanings for the cards. If I didn't use Ana Cortez's method already, I'd probably use this one.

I hope this helps! :)

Lora1957

King of Swords, Jack of Wands, and King of Wands

Thank you WendyWU, I will be spending some time there. I can use all the direction I can get.
Thank you also Marina, I didn't know.

What I think is I know this man. King of Swords, He was an Officer in the Marines, strick man, very smart, stern, and not much gray in his life. He has a very intricate position, along with, a high security clearance. Jack of Wands, he travles a lot. On the road, he is care free, goes, and does what he wants, not much home responsibility. King of Wands, I suspect he has many women where ever he goes. We still talk, it has been more than a year, I suspect he will not be leaving his wife.

I have since met a man, I am not in a relationship with him, it is new, but it feels right.

Heck, I could be reading this all wrong.