Lenormands in Another Language

FLizarraga

This is a little off topic, since it's not a Lenormand deck, but I recently got the Keijuoraakkeli (Finnish for Fairy Oracle), and I find very liberating not having the slightest idea of what the cards say....

greatdane

That's very insightful of you, Flizarraga :)

A picture is worth a thousand words and I really don't care if there ARE words on Lenormands. If the images are as clear and simple as they should be (I can tell a card is a Bear, a Fox, the Crossroads) I don't really need words, so if they're in another language, I don't even really notice after I've used the cards for awhile. I just see the images.

SarahJoy

I don't think words should be necessary or relevant at all in Lenormand. A Bouquet by any other name would smell as sweet, etc. La Femme is the same as La Mujer is the same as The Woman -- it's still a card showing a female person.

I'd prefer Lenormands have no words, but then, I'm the person who trims titles off Tarots when it suits me.

If there are titles, I don't care if they're in another language. Why not expand our international vocabulary?

Seraphina

Lenormands in a different language makes no difference to me either, as long as the symbols are prominent and as they should be then no problem at all! :)