Scythe + bear, bear + scythe

Sharla

Just been looking through my notes on past spreads i've done for myself and ive came across this combo that had came up for me a couple of times and ive just realized what it was telling me...

Scythe + Bear = cut out the crap i'm eating, like cut out the fatty foods.

Bear + scythe = Im gaining weight.

And that's exactly how its been i have noticed i've put on an extra few pounds and have been dieting for the past couple of weeks.

Note: This is why its always good to journal your spreads, so you can look back on them. You will then in turn realize how your cards are speaking uniquely to you.

samantha

Hi Sharla.

I get the first one - Scythe (eliminate) Bear (what *comforts / protects / adds a padding !* )

But I can't equate scythe with any type of gain. Can you expand on your thoughts here ?

Sharla

Hi Samantha

In my card scythe is pointing to the right so cutting what is to the right, and as Bear can also mean weight issues that's why i got cutting away the bad eating habits because it pointing towards the bear.

Then whatever is before the scythe is something your gaining/harvesting/collecting etc, which is where i seen bear + scythe meaning gaining weight.

Does this make sense ?

samantha

ok got you ! you are right that the visuals come into play a lot here - my scythe points to the
left ! Anyway, it's always good when some personal *pattern* clicks in with these cards :)

Teheuti

ok got you ! you are right that the visuals come into play a lot here - my scythe points to the
left !
Yes, the scythe on my favorite deck points to the left, too. Because I use quite a few different decks I tend to keep directionality to a minimum and focus instead on either sequence or what surrounds a topic card. I've also found that I rely more on traditional meanings when reading for others (often in a GT) and that I've developed certain personal quirks that work best in my own dailies (usually 3-5 cards).

Padma

I see the Bear + Scythe as a decision (Scythe) to lose the pounds (Bear)

:)

Sharla

I see the Bear + Scythe as a decision (Scythe) to lose the pounds (Bear)

:)

Yes a decision probably sounds better doesn't it rather than cutting out the fat, sounds like im going in for some surgery of some sort to move the pounds lol.